'Kris Kross' Death

Cocaine & Heroin Suspected

5/2/2013 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0501-chris-kelly-getty

UPDATE

11:22 AM PT -- A rep for the Fulton County Medical Examiner tells TMZ, the autopsy has been completed and there were no signs of trauma or foul play. The cause of death will be determined by the complete toxicology report in 3-4 weeks.

gray-bar-update
"Kris Kross" rapper Chris Kelly had been using a combination of cocaine and heroin the night before his death, this according to the police report obtained by TMZ.

According to the report, paramedics initially responded to Kelly's Atlanta home around 3 PM EST -- after his mother called 911 asking for medical assistance.

When help arrived, paramedics found 34-year-old Kelly lying on the living room couch -- unresponsive and with "no life signs." The medics attempted to revive Kelly, to no avail.

Kelly was immediately transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead a few hours later.

After the death, cops spoke with Donna Kelly Pratte -- Chris' mother -- who told police ... the night before Kelly's medical emergency, he had taken a mixture of heroin and cocaine -- commonly known as "speedballs."

Donna told police she had personally taken Kelly home to recover from the drug use ... just as she had done several times before. Donna told cops Kelly had felt nauseous all morning before passing out.

According to the report, Kelly's mother and Kelly's uncle both told investigators the rapper had an "extensive history of drug use."

Hours before Kelly passed out, he had a phone interview with The Streetz Morning Grind radio show in ATL ... and sounded like he was in bad shape.

In fact, Kelly made reference to his hard-partying ways, which seemed to upset the DJ, who was personal friends with the rapper.

050213_chris_kelly_audio_launch_v3
0501_chris_kelly_remembering_footer

Chris

Say hello to John Belushi!!

arale norimaki

Jumped in the shower and I know I was late Stepped out put on my jeans and my ewings And said to myself if I miss school I'm ruined But I ran down hill and I RUSHED RUSHED I ran down the hill TRYIN TO CATCH THE BUS Now I'm hopin to myself everything is cool Standin on my block like a fool

there is no god because kim kardashian is still a live

Allison

I remember how adorable the boys were when they were just starting out. What a shame this had to happen.

momofthree

Good job mom. Did you help him shoot up too? Great parenting there. Can't leave out the uncle. Maybe they had life insurance on him and were just buying time until it finally paid out. Well, the day has come!

Elle

Does it disturb anyone what his mother told police, that she took him home to recovery from his drug use like she did several times before?

God Servant

God has a plan for our lives but he gives us free will to choose to follow His plan or not. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. But we can't lean on our own understanding. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. My prayer is with his mother and family. I pray that this gives someone else an opportunity to get it right with God. God can deliver us from ANYTHING that we are struggling with. But our position is to purpose in our heart to want to give it up.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Fun Fact:
Drug Dealers: 1
Addicts: 0

Throwback kid

I am glad TMZ is finally on this story and I don't have to do their work for them like I did yesterday when I broke this story on TMZ. And to all the haters out there, just pass by my comment, nothing to see here. Just a guy stating the truth

Spanky

What a great enabling mother!

Snookis Baby

Not to get too technical on drugs here but a "speedball" is not heroin and yay, but rather speed(meth) and yay. Wow I'm a loser.

latestdiets.net

no longer the mac daddy to the daddy macs

Haroldmeltom

His mother should had called Paramedic or took him to an ER. Now because of incompetent she only get to VIEW him one last time.

Tom

You know, death is a bad thing, but I just have a hard time feeling sorry when one of these dumbass has beens dies from an OD. Good riddance.

Ave Joe

What a Shame! Be nice if they coulld just use their talents to make Enough and then use that $ to Help others...

Not Blow it up their nose on Drugs and Sex !

What a Shame and Nice example for Others isn't it?

But I guess it was the Only way to get those Others to Buy his Music..

Please Invest at least 5% of oyur $ into Balanced Mutual Funds and Donate $ to Pay for Birth Control For Teen and Young Women in your hood.

Gayle

Did anyone ever entertain the idea of sending this young man to rehab? Where do these has beens get the money for heroin and cocaine? It's amazing to me.