Jermaine Dupri

DEVASTATED

'Chris Kelly Was Like a Son to Me'

5/2/2013 7:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0502-jermaine-dupri-chris-kelly
Jermaine Dupri -- the guy who discovered Kris Kross -- says Chris Kelly was like a member of his family ... and he was crushed when he learned of his death.

Dupri -- who was 18-years-old when he first noticed Kris Kross in an ATL shopping mall in 1990 -- said, "To the world, Chris Kelly was MacDaddy but to me he was the son I never had."

He added, "When I think about it I spent more time with Chris and Chris than damn near anybody in my whole life, so you can imagine how bad this hurts."

Dupri concluded, "I will always love you Chris, and I will never let the world forget you."

"May god bless your soul."

0502-jermaine-dupri-kris-kross

nipples mugee

Way to let your son die of an overdose, a$$clown slacker...

laffnbear

Speedballs kill,
Ask Jim Belushi.
No need to ask John..

et√raw kwg

Yea is ya JD was 10 when he bust his first but in a Vajay! Come on! Due was 34! How old is JD 50?

awards

RIP, eh? Did you set a great example for him?

JuanRambo

If Chris was like a son to him... Why didn't JD help Chris beat his drug addiction...

Kev the Realist

Yeah Dou$$ebag, then why didn't you step in and stop his destructive behavior. All the leemmmings come out of the woodwiork to say how great a guy he was and I wish i would have, should have.... Wake up you ahole it is almost never a surprise , you seldom just start doing drugs in your 30'2. If everyone knew why the hell didn't you know.... Another self righteous hypocrite.

Trollin

Like a son to you? Go back to school Dupri, that means you would have had him at age 6!

societycreatedme

Lies..Didnt u blackball him at one point. Thats what you do..Suck the life out of these young boys. Then discard them when they become men. Even that reunion show was for your benefit. You disgust me and I wish you would admit to being the bloodsucker that you are..

Susan

Maybe you should have intervened when your son was doing speedballs.

your own luck

It is a good thing Dupri doesn't really have any children if this is the way he does nothing to intervene when someone is obviously a hard core drug user.

Mr.Mackey

its a shame when anyone loses their life to drug use. Is this the guy who wore all his clothes backwards when he was a kid?

yeahrightmoron

I'm $ure you won't let the world forget him..I see it now, Kriss Kross Tribute CD's coming out of the woodwork to the tune of you getting all your cars back, paying off your mortgages & settling your tax debt. Gross!!

Why didn't you make the world remember their music while he was still alive to benefit from it?

You gotta know why this kid who grew up under your tutelage ended up a damn drug addict.

Truth

COCAINE IS HELLUVA DRUG. JD IS NEXT... YALL KNOW HE'S FAMILIAR WITH THE PIPES. #TRUTH!!

Celeb Gossip Addict

Well I was watching a video of Chris on YouTube from a couple of years ago and he said that while him and Jermaine were cordial when they bumped into one another, they were not friends. Doesn't sound like a father/son relationship to me.

David

Glad he was such a great role model. LMAO
Bye low life.