Reese Witherspoon Arrest

DASH CAM VIDEO

Crazier Than You Thought!

5/3/2013 9:45 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/3/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

VideoLaunch
update_bar
10:30 AM PT
-- And just when you thought it couldn't get any better ... we just posted more video.

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
wasn't kidding when she told GMA she was "saying all kinds of crazy things"  ... and TMZ has obtained the entire, unbelievably entertaining dash cam video.

The footage, obtained from law enforcement sources, shows the officer arresting Reese's husband Jim Toth for DUI in the early morning hours of April 19.

Reese -- who since admitted she was hammered at the time -- decided to butt in during the arrest ... and the officer obviously wasn't having it and cartoonishly enforced the law with a vengeance.

In fact, the cop warned Reese several times to sit down and be quiet so he could focus on Jim -- Witherspoon didn't exactly comply.

Instead, Reese got in the officer's face ... and annoyed him to the point that he arrested her for disorderly conduct. Here are some of Reese's finest quotes during the incident:

Reese: "Do you know my name sir?"
Officer: "Don't need to know."
Reese "You don't NEED to know my name?"
Officer: "Not quite yet."
Reese: "YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHO I AM!"

Reese: "I have done nothing against the law."
Officer: "Yes you did, you didn't obey my orders."
Reese: "I HAVE TO OBEY YOUR ORDERS??"

Reese: "I'm now being arrested and handcuffed??"

Reese: "I'm an American citizen ... I'm allowed to stand on American ground."

Reese: "You better not arrest me."

Reese: "I'm being anti-American?"
Officer: "Yes, please sit down."
Reese: "Wow!"

Reese: "You're harassing me as an American citizen"

And the best line -- "I'm obstructing your justice?"

After Reese's tirade, Jim actually told the cop, "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that!"

During the arrest, Reese also told the cop she was pregnant and needed to pee.  She later confessed on "GMA" that she panicked and said "crazy things" because her husband was being arrested.

050213_witherspoon_dash_3_launch_v2Funny moment during the bust ... the officer instructs Toth to blow hard during a breathalyzer test -- coaching him along the way, "Blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow!"

But Toth blew TOO HARD ... and the cop had to do the whole thing all over again.

LAUNCH
We broke the story ... Reese pled no contest to Physical Obstruction of Another and Jim pled guilty to DUI.

I am Spartacus

Who cares? She pled No Contest, he pled guilty. He'll lose his license for a few months, pay fines and that's the end of it. She at least admitted she was wrong unlike Blohan who thinks she's above the law and can walk into court mandated rehab and tell them she doesn't need it and everyone will say "ok."

TMZ is trying hard to smear Reese by making her seem like a bad person for saying "Do you know who I am?" Even though she's admitted she said stupid things. TMZ is the worst website hands down. I made the switch to Radar Online and could not be happier.

Angee

"Do you know who I am"??? Who in the hell does she think she is. Just cause shes an actress doesn't make her any better then anyone famous or not famous. There not gonna drop there stuff and bow down to her and let them pass the test just cause shes "famous." famous people don't rule the world. Shes ridiculous... Ive never liked her

Truth

AT LEAST WE KNOW THE BITCH CAN PLAY A DRUNK, POINT BLANK... #TRUTH!!

Inconceivable!

Reese looks like an absolute FOOL!!!! Any respect I had for her is gone. She needs to earn it back. Her husband appeared much more reasonable. Imagine that?!!

Edwood

She's America's Drunkheart!

Celebritiesthesedays

Go Reese ! You go girl! FTP

spectator72

pregnant and drinking

my 2 cents

No wonder she was on the "mea cuplea" tour today...if the cop tells you to sit down and shut up, that is what you do.

Mike

I still like Reese. I thought she was great in "Walk the Line" where she won an Oscar for Best Actress. She apparently can't handle drinking to excess very well.

Some women get ornery, mean, and like to "fuss and fight" like they say in the South where Reese is from. Their "out of control teen" comes out when they drink too much.

There's probably a bit of Lindsay Lohan in every woman sometimes ... especially when they drink too much.

IHATETHEKARDASHIANS

Good performance, Reese. And your hubby is cute.

Fiona Gallagher

Lol @ her husband! "I have nothing to do with that"

Ms. Everlast

Lmao...you go reese...this wasn't half as bad as as some other celebs

NameNotImportat

Typical entitled privileged white Neanderthal

scarletjack

Good lord woman! She's lucky she didn't get a 72 hr psych hold. Get some help Reese so this doesn't happen again. And her por husband was just embarassed by her and all he could say was he was sorry. Oh boy.

Jody

OMG, the husband is like…I don't know her. LOL