Mama June Wedding

The Pig Who Stole the Show

5/8/2013 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0507_mama_june_sugarbear_wedding_splash
Just how redneckish was the Mama June wedding hootenanny?? TMZ has learned the "Honey Boo Boo" stars didn't just serve up a whole roasted pig (with the head intact) ... they also gave away HUNTING KNIVES to the male guests!

And it only got more gluttonous from there!

Our well-placed wedding spies tell us ... when June Shannon and Sugar Bear unofficially tied the knot, guests feasted on pulled pork sandwiches and ribs (ya know, from the dead pig), corn on the cob, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, rolls and sweet tea ... basically your cardiologist's worst nightmare.

And don't forget dessert ... which included a frickin' gourmet candy bar -- i.e. a bar full of candy -- which offered Airheads, Sour Patch Kids, Twizzlers, Swedish Fish ... you get the idea.

0507-wedding-swag-mama-june-tmz

As for the gift bags -- women got red candles ... the men got small hunting knives ... and EVERYONE got diabetes!!!

Kidding ... instead they got wine glasses made from mason jars ... and also probably diabetes.

ThirdFromTheLeft

Guns are for p-u-s-s-i e s,.... still sucks that guys got knives and the women only got red candles!! You can't skin roadkill with a candle.

JFO

You know, this wedding sounds like it was fun. Much more fun than some of the "celebrity" weddings you've had on this page. Whatever; so they had pulled pork and candy. It's their day they can do with it what they want, can't they?????

XOR

At least they stayed true to themselves. Why make fun of them? They had a wedding the way they wanted without spending 10 million dollars. Pretty sure this one will last longer than 72 days. I'm happy for them.

Claire

Stop it with the diabetes jokes, you idiots! Unfunny, untrue and unhelpful. Oh and it's really unoriginal to go sugary product = diabetes = lulz . I sincerely hope you never actually find out who offensive your "jokes" are. Thanks for spreading more misinformation, like said god forbid you ever have to deal with a condition that you continually portray as a joke.

Bama

What kind of food does Harvey eat? Gossamer butterfly finger sandwiches with the crusts cut off? **** off

gta

That wedding doesn't actually sound half bad!

SubH2O1682

All things considered, it seems to be a very appropriate wedding. Even a little more tasteful than I expected. Surely ya'll didn't think there would be a church and lavish wedding hall reception? That's just not what that family is all about.

Majestik

I keep asking myself one question. It's been seven years since they met and moved in together. IF...they didn't have a reality show, that seems to be doing really well, would they have gotten married? Sorry, after the Karstoogian fiasco I think this was nothing but a ratings ploy and to back that up I'll bring up the first post that TMZ put up about the network not allowing information about this wedding or pictures to surface before the actual show airs. Funny, how has TMZ gotten all the pictures and the scoops on this? Change of heart by TLC? pfffttt.

Natalie

THAT IS WHAT THEY SERVE AT A LOT OF WEDDINGS IN SOUTHERN INDIANA. NOT MINE, BUT OTHERS.

Cricket

I bet they had fun, enjoyed their day and they seem to love each other. Snide, juvenile remarks make it more probable that Kris J pays you to insult or attack those whose marriage could be a success. It's like the Kim/Kate comparison constantly, obvious and simply ridiculous.

FlamingoNut

Sounds like a fun wedding.

LOL!

These people are disgusting! Leave illegal immigrants alone, it's trash like this that we need to deport!!

Kelly

Is the TMZ staff really calling this family "gluttonous"? Right... I know you guys don't do anything gluttonous within the confines of your sober, vegan lifestyles.

JHL

It is common in the South to have, what is called in my area, pig pickings. You pointed out the fact that the head was still on the pig...have you ever been to a Hawaiian luau? The one I attended left the head intact as well, but I guess because this family chose to do so, made it disgusting. I've always enjoyed TMZ - both online and on TV, but recently I've noticed how you constantly ridicule the South. If you're not commenting on Kellie Pickler and her manner of speech, it's something about riding 4 wheelers, and mud bogging. Folks have you ever been to the South? I am from the same home town as Kellie Pickler.........This IS how we speak, this IS how we eat, we do hunt, we do fish, we ride 4 wheelers, we enjoy life! From what I read, when Honey Boo Boo became a hit, they were offered a new house by the network, but they refused it. They give to the community and to any one that needs help....but you never seem to want to feature any of their kindness and generosity in your stories.....you only feature the portions that you feel will cause the most ridicule and condemnation for them. Maybe we as southerners do things differently than you....but with the number of people that relocate to the south each year - we must be doing something right! I wish Mama June and Sugar Bear happiness and continued success!

puck momma

Hey all I gotta say to each his own. Not all guys like anorexia women. She got her some kids and to her defense tmz broke that story that she lost 100 lbs., glad that they're happy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments