Kris Kross Funeral

Daddy Mac Breaks Down

'I Know Chris Is in Heaven'

5/9/2013 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050913_chris_kelly_funeral_v2_launch

Kris Kross rapper Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith broke down in tears today during the funeral for his former KK partner Chris Kelly -- telling the congregation, "It's been like a struggle for me every day ... I know Chris is in heaven."

During the service, which took place at a Baptist church in Atlanta, Smith said, "He was a true friend ... I just wanna say I love you man ... and I'm gonna miss you dearly."

He added, "My life  ... it ain't ever gonna be the same, but I just hope our legacy for hip-hop is never forgotten. I'm gonna do my part to make sure Chris' legacy will live on."

The funeral was filled with Chris Kelly's famous friends -- including R&B singer Keke Wyatt and the members of Xscape, all of whom performed songs.

Jermaine Dupri
and rapper Da Brat were also present. Da Brat was wearing her pants backwards as a tribute to the dead rapper.

0509-da-brat-dennis-bryon-chris-kelly-tmz
As we reported, Chris was pronounced dead last Wednesday after his body was found unresponsive in his Georgia home. His mother told police he'd been doing a mixture of cocaine and heroin the night before, and had an "extensive history of drug use."

Chris -- AKA "Mac Daddy" -- was 34.

0509_chris_kelly_funeral_photos_launch

fanboymagazine

GREAT career move!

Enjoying the self-promoting speakers at his funeral. Heard enough "I, me, my" at this dias, all pointing to themselves, to last, uhm, until the next ex-rapper bites the rug.

jlgrr

Drug user dying- not sad. What did you think was going to happen?? Someone dying of cancer is sad. And drugs is NOT a disease-its a choice! Sad for his family or friends though.

Jay-D

Jesus tmz why dont you give them some privacy and stop reporting everything and everyone thats crying.

smileandshine

RIP Mac Daddy! We will never forget you!

TheEric

if wearing your pants like a jackass is your legacy, you've accomplished nothing in your life...good riddance

ladee da

Another death by drugs, let's glorify his choice to be a junky. Let's have his 1 hit keep him relevant. Seriously, what is wrong with people. He's a has been junkie. Great roll model.

Nom

Who cares? Why is some OD'd druggie even news? What about the mother down the street that was killed or a vet that gave the ultimate sacrifice?

Makes no sense to "celebrate" these talentless drug addicts and instead someone should of stepped in and got this person help they obviously needed.

kitnplayn

Instead of preserving your hip hop art, why don't you put that effort into preserving the youth of your culture. Somebody needs to teach the neglected children not to start taking drugs, because it will end in poverty and death.

smurfya

There's a live video feed from the funeral? That's shameful!

Jericho Morton

I look at the two boys too. He loved them so much he drugged himself to death, for his personal selfish pleasure. Evidence drugs are generally not contraceptive and the users are brainless, selfish, broken, empty s***.

Jessy

:( Rest in Paradise Chris

Debzilla

Thanks for streaming this TMZ! R.I.P. Chris Kelly

GoPeytonLuck

He was on bath salts too

jetlew

I wonder if some of the posts are posted by the same person

cindy

So Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King sacrificed everything and fought the fight so that the black community to show up to a funeral with their pants on backwards for a funeral for a one hit wonder rap singer who overdosed on heroin and cocaine. yeah okay I got it, it sure seems like progress to me.