« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dick Trickle

Wisconsin Speedway

Plans Black-Flag Tribute

5/18/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

05117_wisconsin_intl_raceway2The Wisconsin racetrack where Dick Trickle forged his legacy -- winning TONS of races en route to becoming a NASCAR star -- is honoring the driver with a special pre-race ceremony when stock car season kicks off later this month, TMZ has learned.

It's all happening at the Wisconsin International Raceway in Kaukauna, WI (just south of Green Bay) -- where Trickle won so many races during his pre-NASCAR career, track officials named a building in Turn 2 the "Dick Trickle Pavilion."

We've learned ... officials at the W.I.R. have greenlit plans to commemorate their local hero with a memorial lap in Dick's honor on May 30 ... with the pace car carrying a black flag.

A rep for the company says Trickle was "a true champion, good friend and will be missed by all."

As we previously reported, officials say Dick died Thursday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in North Carolina.

R.I.P.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IwuvTMZ

Trickle down to all.

J4X

DetroitRocks and his sister wife will be there in their best jean shorts and Marlboro T-shirts.

BB not bb

He had a pain under his left breast so he killed himself? His doctors could find nothing wrong, but they couldn't prescribe pain killers for him? He could have even gotten drunk if he was in pain.

I wonder if that is all it was.

spectator72

R.I.P May Dick Trickle forever run

jeff

In his memory I'm going to let my dick trickle

horhay

Why would they honor someone, that took the cowards way out? Suicide is a selfish act.

LaLaLynn

I remember watching him race. He must have had terrible pain. Bless him.

cindy

Am I the only one who thinks if this guys name wasnt Dick that the little nancy boys at TMZ would not posting any of these stories?

Stephen

Don't they know dick trickle and the color black don't go together?

Meme Jones

bb=tosser!!!

Meme Jones

RIP D.T

Cat

Dick was a great man, after he lost he nephew and granddaughter he was never the same. Rest in Peace Mr. Trickle you were a great racer and a great person!

Gretel

There are huge parts missing from the story. Unless people are trying to cover up mental illness like severe depression or something. So you tell us he had severe chest pain and "saw the doctor twice." So was testing done or was he just sent on his merry way? What did the autopsy reveal, if anything,as to the cause of the pain that supposedly put him over the edge. You can fool some of the people some of the time ... There is just too much missing. I don't follow racing and don't know the guy but even I know there is a bunch of bull in the story.

KnuckleDragger

I think, instead of a pace car, they oughta all line up and be started with a gunshot!

BB not bb

Here is the 911 call that Dick made saying he planned to kill himelf and the operator just hung up on him. She was all matter of fact and said she was going to get help out to him. What does he need help for after he is dead? She should have kept him on the line and kept him talking until someone could get there. Instead she just hung up as if the police are faster than a speeding bullet.

These 911 operators seem to have no common sense or compassion. Maybe she was the last person he reached out to for some sort of empathy and she just brushed him aside. I think this is really cold and mean and scary and heartless.

He didn't sound in a lot of pain when he called. I think he sounded wired up like he wanted to talk and reach out to see if anyone would care or listen.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments