Miley Cyrus

NOT Singing About Ecstasy

... Says Producer

6/4/2013 2:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604-miley-cyrus-getty-we-cant-stopMiley Cyrus is NOT singing about ecstasy in her new single "We Can't Stop" ... despite what seems to be an OBVIOUS lyrical reference to the drug ... so says the guy who produced the track.

The controversy is centered around the hook of the song -- in which it SOUNDS like Miley's saying, "We like to party/ Dancing with Molly/ Doing whatever we want.”

Unhip Old Person Translation: "Dancing with Molly" is slang for partying on ecstasy.

But a rep for the song's producer Mike WiLL Made It tells TMZ ... the whole thing is a giant misunderstanding because what Cyrus is REALLY singing is ... "Dancing with MILEY."

As for the lyric about people "trying to get a line in the bathroom" ... the rep wouldn't say if Miley was talking about cocaine ... but HELLO?!?!?!?

YOU KNOW WHO I AM

I think the drug references are the least of her problems, what about the fact that this song BLOWS. Her and Bieber are at the same "trying too hard to be cool" stage. Hey, if I just talk about doing drugs and having sex, everyone will think I'm such a bada$$ because that will prove to everyone I'm "wild and crazy". It's the same stupid crap people pull throughout junior high and high school. We've all seen it.

Ogkushallday

Her and Justin burner will make a gereat couple..

ama

Ya ya sure sure not about drugs..

janet

To all the 'UNHIP OLD PERSON TRANSLATION' WHAT A FUC*ing joke.

What the so called Pharm parties, hell that's been going on for over 40 years ago and still going on.

Every kid was raiding mommy and daddys medicine cabinent. Everyone mouthing off wasn't even born yet.

Cocain is a "Rich man's High." That worked for awhile not making the money. Let's cut with whatever to make it more affordable. Cheaper and more addictive.

All the current street slang doesn't mean squat. Adderall is the current drug of choice, heroin is back and popular.

Yup all these Old persons who doesn't have a clue.

gary frank

well close, its actually pure MDMA so for the unhip TMZ writer...you're dumb

Demi Best fan

****ing Haters I have heard this damn song 20 times and She Did say MILEY NOT MOLLY

GetOverIt

These lyrics are embarrassing. I can't believe anyone would actually sing this song. Miley obviously has "serious problems" (sarcasm) in her life if partying, dancing, and saying what and kissing who she wants are her biggest concerns. Ridiculous.

jdelaney

The minute I heard the "dancing with Molly" line I knew they'd be quick with the damage control BS. I suppose they weren't joking about it in the studio when they were recording it, as the rumor goes, knowing full well that by garbling the lyric they could play the "Oh, no, people just heard it wrong" card. Gee, I guess Miley wasn't singing about snorting coke in the bathroom, either, right? And her "Sex and Drugs whatever" shirt wasn't actually about sex and drugs, I guess. Damn, Miley probably just bought that shirt because she liked the color.

andrew

Beibs wants to be a lil Weezy

addaloria

Who is her fan base? Other than the tabloids wanting stories to write about, does anyone take her seriously?

tgrfan42069

oh look ugly no talent hack doing more stuff to look edgy.miley has the look at me look at me syndrome

CriticXtreme

Now I don't say this a lot but she's definitely a YGIL2F.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Maybe she should write a song called, "My Haircut Is Really Ugly," because, like, everyone could understand where she's coming from.

James420

Desperate people do desperate things. She had to know that nobody would listen to this song twice if she hadn't made it controversial. This is horrible music, not because of the drug references but because she can't sing and has no lyrical talent. Looks like it's time to make a tape to stay relevant. Worked for that teen mom and kk. No talent, surround yourself with controversy.

Lizzieliz81

Everyone knows what she means. Whore