« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ripped By Judge

for Slapping Lawyer's Ass

6/11/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0610_chad_johnson_video_launch
update_bar
Chad has just filed a motion asking the judge to reconsider the ruling.

10:46 AM PT
-- Chad is currently at jail and is being booked.

10:30 AM PT
-- We just got video of the love tap. Check it out.

7:55 AM PT
-- Chad was arrested in the courtroom and has been ordered to serve 30 days in jail.

7:45 AM PT --
Chad and his attorney are back in front of the judge ... apologizing ... and desperately trying to convince the judge to accept the original terms of the deal.

gray-bar-update
Chad Johnson
was just kicked out of a Florida courtroom ... after the former NFL star playfully slapped his male lawyer's ass -- a move that ENRAGED the judge, TMZ has learned.

Johnson was in court in Broward County, FL to face the judge for his recent probation violation in his domestic violence case.

During the hearing, the judge and Chad's lawyer were about to finalize the terms of Chad's punishment -- terms that were pretty favorable to Chad.

But the whole thing fell apart at the last minute, when the judge asked Chad if he was satisfied with his attorney -- and the ex-NFL star reached back and playfully slapped his lawyer's ass.

Chad smiled ... the court erupted with laughter .... but the judge wasn't amused.

In fact, the judge found the move disrespectful -- and lashed out at Johnson ... asking him if the whole proceeding was a "joke" to him.

Johnson replied, "I had no intent to make this a joke, because my life is in shambles right now."

The judge -- who lost her patience -- suddenly announced that Chad's deal was OFF ... and kicked him out of the courtroom.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

notta

Wow, when I first heard about it I thought he did it in a "I beat the system" kind of way, but that was nothing. So I'm punished because everyone laughed? People are puppets and laugh at anything a celebrity does. That bitch needs to get laid and loosen up.

500shadesofgrey

She's a douche. He didn't disrespect her at all. He just did to his lawyer what she had just done in complimenting him. I bet Lindsay lohan or Amanda Bynes were in front they would have beaten the case. Justice definitely is not blind.

cheryl

Man, that judge is a bitch!

ogo

This is really unfair

BD

I felt that was cruel. She asked him the question first.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

He'll have the opportunity for plenty of ass-play where he's going ha ha ha.

Miss Lily Skye

Whether you think what he did was "appropriate" or not doesn't matter. Her reaction was a little beyond excessive. He was getting a sweet plea deal, even the judge said you should be happy with your lawyer. He did not mean that in any type of disrespectful way at all, and he had no way of knowing the courtroom was going to laugh like that. THIRTY DAYS IN JAIL!??? DAMN!! I've seen people nearly kill somebody and get less then that. How was that criminal in any type of way? How would THAT warrant 30 days in jail? Talk about a BITCH!!! BICH BITCH BITCH! I was actually in court today with a friend of mine, and when this one guy got called up the judge asked him what his plea was, not guilty, guilty or no contest. He said I plea the fifth. Not only did the courtroom people laugh, but the JUDGE laughed. He explained it was just an arraignment and he wasn't being asked to testify, and the guy said no contest and court went on about it's day. This is so stupid! I can't stand it when victims of bullying end up in some sort of position of power, because they always want to take out their childhood anger out on EVERYBODY. We didn't pick on you, CHILL OUT!! I know I'm rambling but this is such BULL! THIRTY F*CKING DAYS!!!!! My Ex didn't get that much when he punched me so hard in the face he knocked out 2 of my teeth and broke my nose because I caught HIM cheating! Actually, he didn't serve ANY time! And this guy goes to jail for 30 days for being happy with his lawyer and because some people he has no control over giggled? Jesus f*cking Christ!!!!!

Jenna5960

Wow that really sucks but that was a stupid move however I think the judge overreacted.

John

This is very painful to watch. This is one hateful judge. Football players always pat their teammate on the butt as a notice of good play, out of respect. Anyone knows that Chad Johnson did not do it to disrupt her courtroom. Just because the people laughed did not mean that he was trying to get a laugh. This is really pathetic. But God sees all.

MM

What a complete OVER reaction by the judge! Reprimand the court room, not the defendant. He showed no sign of being disrespectful. He was acknowledging/thanking his lawyer. If she can't control her moods better, she should not be a judge. He held his composure better than she did. Idiot, moody judge!!!!!! I wish I could appeal her position on the bench.

Waka Waka Waka

Ohhhhh I hope Bieber gets the same judge

Orphic

Somebody give that dumb bish on the bench a midol and tell her to suck it up.

I don't give a damn how butthurt she is. The court is backlogged enough without Judge *I want to feel important* pissing away more time and money because she is having a MF'ing midol moment.

That's my tax money you dumb bish. Do your job. You want to fine him more, hold in contempt to feel important, fine. The deal was struck, finish it and move the hell on.

Mitch

How can that judge not be described as anything other than a "raging bitch".

Completely ridiculous overreaction.

Lola

Wow, what a way to waste tax payers money!! What the heck did he do that was so bad??? Is that even legal?? why doesn't she kick everyone that laughed out!!?? He can't control what people do!! I don't like him, but she is wrong!!

My2Cents

This is ridiculous! Honestly do we not have real criminals that need to use that jail space? This judge needs to chill out and ask herself if society is really better for putting someone behind bars for 30 days because they tapped their attorney on the butt. It was a guy for goodness sakes!