« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ass-Slapping Judge Saved My Life

'I Love Her to Death'

6/17/2013 2:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

061713_johnson_leaving_launch
Chad Johnson
has just been released from jail in Florida for slapping his attorney on the ass last week -- and get this ... on his way out, he called his judge a "blessing in disguise" for throwing him back in the slammer.

It's pretty remarkable -- Chad says he's THANKFUL for the time he's had in the pokey the last week, telling reporters, "I had a lot of time to reflect. A lot of time to think about where I've been, where I am now, and where I'm going."

But the craziest part ... he says, "A lot of people have tried to get me to slow down in life. Coaches, my agent, my lawyer. And there was one person that was able to do it. And that was my judge Ms. McHugh."

He added, "Little does she know, I love her to death. Basically what she's been is a blessing in disguise."

Which is crazy because practically everyone else on the planet felt like she overreacted big time.

As for Chad's first move out of jail, he says he's beelining straight for McDonald's -- watch the video to hear his order.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Verdi e Amarello

Just don't go to the one on Broward Blvd!

NOT ELMO

As for Chad's first move out of jail, he says he's beelining straight for McDonald's --........................POOR BURGER KING

Sharon1826

Interesting....I hope he's being truthful.

Trixielolo77

Perhaps this is honesty or the possibility of simply trying to save his reputation and career.

Jorwho

His ass was just saying that because he was released already! But if the judge decided to keep his sorry ass a WHOLE month! I bet he wouldn't be thanking the judge then.....

wilwon

That man has some problems. Wonder if he is still calling Goodall his daddy?

bizz

he said the EXACT same thing when he just got arrested for the parole violation. c'mon man, nobody is buyin it anymore. you sat on ESPN First Take the day two days before you got thrown in jail spouting the same stuff. child, please.

SDB

Chad said the the judge saved his life huh?
Poor bastard is still institutionalize.

Carla628

You are too old to still be acting like a Man-Child. Your ego is bigger than your_____________.

gbtw

Notably, he is still not acknowledging any wrongdoing. He is just thanking her for making him slow down for a week- giving him a vacation, if you will... he hasn't learned a damn thing.

Linda3223

You should have stayed in jail since she did you a favor, why was you crying to get out. Liar, liar, pants on fire

rachel

Chad johnson , i think have learn his leason he should have another chance . he made a mistake ,but everyone makes mistakes so why not give him an another chance? it took two of them to be in this mess. He didn't do all this stuff by his self . his career shouldn't be based on his personal life. Why bring him down ? We should lifted him up , back on his feet again.

rachel

rachel

Chad Johnson, i think has learned his lesson he should have another chance. He made a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes so why not give him and chance? It took two of them to be in this mess. He didn't do all this stuff by his self. His career shouldn't be based on his personal life. Why bring him down? We should lift him up, back on his feet again.

John

He must really love women like he says, if he can come right out of jail and thank a judge like the one who sentenced him in the first place for such a ridiculous reason. Now I can see why so many have called him stupid in the past. And to think, I shed real tears when that judge sentenced him... because I knew she was wrong. My heart went out to Chad Johnson and I prayed and believed with all my might that God would intervene. But now... damn.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3