Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

lynchburgbull

He needs to be punished

Suze

Why are you ****ing blind?

Don

You are a lying, s*** sucking coward of a dog.
Even when you pull such a disrespectful act in tromping on our flag.
You are a coward simply because you don't have the balls to stand up for what you did
***** too
Disrespectful Coward
No Balls, just tough bull**** talk

SmartestCommenter

It's just a piece of ****ing fabric, people.

SexiMexiFrmTexi

Some people are so touchy.. If you have ever been lost in your rhymes, etc then you know what it is to be focused on just that. Sad how accidents can happen and although he may be looking down, who are you to say he "seen it"? Seriously, I freestyle and I know what it is to be lost in your music and not really know what's going on until after you are out of that zone. For those of you who don't know you should shut up and quit judging. You're just jealous because he has made it and you're still broke as fk more than likely living with your mother or on welfare. Leave the man alone!

Erik

I am actually surprised only 8% of the people believe him...in my 30 years of experience, I have learned that WAY more than 8% of the people are idiots.

BigTunaLV

REMEMBER how I felt bad about your seizures and I wanted you to recover from THAT mistake (sizzurp)... SORRY, I take it all back!!!

Caleigh

So its OK to trample the US Flag as long as it for a video? its wrong

CKovacs

I think it is pretty bad, that none of those people around him thought anything of the flag on the ground and him stepping on it. Do they even know that the US Flag isn't ever suppose to hit the ground?

ChinLee3

The flag is not supposed to hit the ground in the first effing place. Another meaningless apology from another talentless hack who relies on controversy to sell his so called art!

BIGNASPACZ

Now I Really See Why Celebrities Hate TMZ, They Love To Misconstrue What A Lot Of Celebrities Say. This Is What Wayne Really Had To Say About It. (Aside From His Tweet.):

It's Clear To See In The Video That He Doesn't Intentionally Step On The Flag To Sh!t On America, If You Actually Pay Attention To The Video (Which A Lot Of People Fail To Do) You Can See The Flag Dropping To Show The Hoods Of America. I Do Agree That The Flag Shouldn't Have Been So Close To Him. But That's Something You Wouldn't Have Even Seen In The Music Video. But Of Course Once You See The Headlines Post : "LIL WAYNE TRAMPLES AMERICAN FLAG", You Automatically Go Crazy & Just Say Whatever Everybody Else Is Saying Because You Have No Opinion Of Your Own!

VDJGEO

If you look closely, The man holding up the flag lets go of it intentionally. It looks like it was staged which makes it even worse.

jdelanoi

Bad press during the summer over allegations.

bob_bitchin

This diamond encrusted **** for brains needs a SERIOUS ass kicking

franchesca