Save Ferris

Ex-Members SUE Over 'Reunion' Show ... Singer's Gone Rogue!!!

6/19/2013 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0619-save-ferris-article
The former singer for Save Ferris has gone off the rails ... falsely promoting the famous ska band's "reunion" show this summer -- WHEN THERE IS NO SUCH THING -- this according to a new lawsuit ... and now her ex-bandmates are out for justice.

Singer Monique Powell made the "reunion show" announcement back in April -- claiming the band would be reuniting after a 10-year hiatus to perform at the OC Fair on July 27th.

But there was one problem ... the other Save Ferris members claim they never approved a reunion show -- in fact, they released a statement shortly after Monique's announcement, saying they'd never even been contacted by Monique about performing in it.

Monique responded with her own statement, "While I had hoped this could be a reunion of sorts with all, or some, of my former SF band members, unfortunately that isn't the way it looks to be turning out." But the show is STILL being promoted as a "Save Ferris" performance.

0619-save-ferris-reunion
Former SF members Brian Mashburn, Eric Zamora, Bill Uechi, Brian Williams, and Evan Kilbourne have now filed a lawsuit against Powell -- insisting she has no right to perform under the Save Ferris name.

The band wants her to pay unspecified damages for falsely promoting a reunion show. They also want a judge to block her from using the Save Ferris name ever again.

Attempts to reach Monique were unsuccessful.

ocgirl

I saw one their shows in the late 90s. They put on a good show, but I was injured when Monique threw a bucket of lard into the crowd and I fell and was stomped on multiple times. It was lovely. I hope her band mates win.

Stratcat

Never heard of them.

WEEG

WHO?????? I know I usually say that word and usually know who the person is but this time I'm not kidding.

Cowboy Crow

Who?

MARKIS

I've got tickets for that show. Save Ferris was one of my favorite SKA bands back in the late 90's early '00's. They killed it live every time. According to the SAVE FERRIS facebook page though, THERE IS NO LAWSUIT! So, who to believe?

Donka Do Ball

I've got news for those guys...
Monique *is* Save Ferris.
What? They're too busy to play the OC Fair?
Each one of them could use the $10 gig,

Jim

Mo and the boys need to just suck it up and either do a real reunion show or knock it off. Keep messing with the fans. Not cool. Can things really be THAT bad that you can't play ONE show? C'mon...

unbelievable

How can a "entertainer" be so naive?

Jamie

Good. About time she is stopped pulling this BS. She's nothing but a liar and a backstabber.

Los Pepes

Who?(the hell cares)

OLiarbama Argo-Urself

News Flash! Biggest news since Weinergate. The NSA, FBI & CIA think Liberace may be gay. They're not sure yet, they're still listening to his phone calls. Stay tuned.

JLP

I used to love SAVE FERRIS, I met Monique at a show in San Jose in 2000 she was really sweet. Her bandmates were a lil dry though.

Big Baby Jesus

Who? I'm a big music fan, and I've never heard of them. And they didn't write Come On Eileen, they covered it - not the hit version you hear on the radio.

Toilethead

Who?

nate

One of the best liver performance I can remember at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. That sucks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments