« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lenny Dykstra

Released from Prison

6/21/2013 3:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-lenny-dykstra-getty
Former MLB star Lenny Dykstra is finally a free man after serving 6.5 months behind bars for bankruptcy fraud, TMZ has learned.

Dykstra was released from Victorville Federal Correctional Complex in California on Thursday.

Dykstra was sentenced to serve time in December after pleading guilty to three counts stemming from his bankruptcy fraud case -- one count of bankruptcy fraud, one count of concealment of assets, and one count of money laundering.

Dykstra filed for bankruptcy in 2009, and was then accused of illegally hiding and selling up to $400,000 worth of possessions inside his mansion ... including valuable sports memorabilia, chandeliers, and even an oven.

Dykstra had been serving a 3-year sentence for grand theft auto and falsifying financial statements -- beginning in March last year -- but the sentences were then rolled together into one, and Dykstra served them concurrently.

As for the grand theft auto case, it appears he got out early.

He is now on 3 years supervised release -- the terms of which include: 500 hours community service, drug testing, a substance abuse program ... and he also has to pay $200,000 in restitution to his creditors.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Toilethead

Isn't that about the same amount of time you serve for a life sentence in California?

Kimysbffe

5OO hours of community service/ better yet free labor for the state of California. He will either be picking up trash on freeways, or pull a lohan/ C. Brown working in a morgue or library. #chain-gang!

HooahJuice

Great ball player

Leave Kim Kardashian alone you cyber stalkers. I bet you were picked on in school and now you have to cyber bully people...douchebags

NOT ELMO

Lenny Dykstra
Released from Prison..................send him back

jimbo

Moral to the story. if you're going to be a criminal, steal a ton of cash. you'll just get a slap on the wrist. Rob a liquor store and you get 5 years.

Jamey Hunter

What a loser. He's broke and he'll be back offending in no time trying to scam people

shane

I'm from Burkina Faso, if this happened here he'd have only got 3 months. But i don't have to tell you that.

Me Too

Good ball player, TERRIBLE person. It's called karma, Lenny.

Truth

California justice. Typical.

jacklistfdr

Life is so lonely .I am a single and rich man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on...ŚeekingŔich.Com,.under the name of Craig=. it's where for meeting successful rich men & classy mature women, who are searching for their special someone.Please Check it out!I’m serious.dgdf

UNLV1990

Lenny was one of my favorite players when I was a young. I know he became shady in his after baseball life, I hope he gets his life together. Good luck, Lenny.