Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2074 COMMENTS

mommanan

Ridiculous!! Personally I can't stand Paula Deen...I think she is the biggest fake on the planet..........however, she was raised in the deep South in the 1950's and EVERYONE, black and white used the "N" word....I don't care if you were clergy or crook. The "N" word was just part of conversation back then. I'm not saying it was correct by today's standards but it is just the way it was. 50 yrs. from now, there may be some things we are saying and doing now that will appaul the generation of 2065. We can't correct what we don't acknowledge and we did not know any better and we can't change the past. At least she chose not to lie about it (the way she did about her Diabetes)

dee

e

tomas

say what you want, but she has done more for her city, including significant charitable donations to the poor blacks, which are prevalent, that most could ever consider doing in a lifetime. the same can be said of her entire family. actions speak louder than words and some people are always looking at getting paid, hence the discrimination suit, which is no different that getting a free handout from the government. my mom was brought-up in the exact same environment and threw rocks without fear at all the little black girls walking to the black only school. 10-years before her death, and well after she left my puritan father, she met a good black man whom she married and was finally happy and at peace with herself. most of her immediate family, including several sisters, wouldn't come to her funeral due to the lack of acceptance of social/racial integration. I work extensively in DC and have experienced more reverse racism, so keep sobbing and paula will continue to be a multi gazzilionaire and well respected in her community.

Di

I'm not a huge Paula fan but to drop her from Food Network is a crock of "butter." What person south (or north) of the Mason Dixon Line hasn't uttered the N word? I was taught not to use it since I was knee high to a grasshopper out in the middle of Kansas...but am pretty darn sure I may have uttered it sometime in my life. Foodnetwork must have been chompin' at the bit to find something to hang over her head.

777flygal

Let's just give up ALL our liberties and allow the "thought police" to give instructions on what to say, think and do. I'm getting so tired of these knee jerk reactions as if it matters one bit! Like her or not - who cares WHAT she says!

uliar

Paula Deen is the food network. Stupid move. She'll start her own network.

leo zorn

don't ya all feel warm ,fuzzy and smug inside. hope you have never thought the N word or worst

Bret Hansbrough

Get a life you Jackasses

Igor

who cares, I wouldn't have even apologized.

David

What a bunch of crap! Anyone over 40 who claims to have NEVER used the N word is lying! Funny how blacks can use it freely, but let a white woman who was raised in the days of segregation say that she used in in the PAST, and all hell breaks loose in the politically correct world! Just plain stupid.

Margerine

She could never have recovered from this. Food Network did what they had to do. Bye Paula

Laura

Really? we are still getting our feeling hurt over a word? Get a life, focus on God and serve bigger issues.

louie

What goes around comes around i read that the union asked Paula Deen to boycot the ham company she buys from because they were haveing trouble with them for some reason and Paula said that she couldnot be bothered with the union she has her own problems well now she is out of a job good for her

David

Always pays to keep your mouth shut--this one bit her in the ass.

dave nauta

i don't think she has done anything wrong. i mean **** blacks are the ones that are racist.