Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

LetsBeReAL

Agree with David below. No one has the right to use the N word. White or Black, you're wrong. As long as anyone keeps using it, it will remain relevant. Take it out of your vocabulary. Rappers nor homemakers on tv have the right to use the N word.

Scary

I'm guessing the Food Network was looking for an excuse, anyway. Since her food is so unhealthy and not the sort of thing in vogue anymore. Plus, a new star would be cheaper. Plus, she's already been on for several years, and the public gets tired. The scandal just made things more convenient.

divasann

All I hear about is the N word! What about dressing the men up like old time slaves, I have seen Paula with the black guest, totally different. I like her food, but I will not use her recipes either.
My Grandmother was old south and she remembered how blacks were treated, the whippings and hangings, treating her like a child but wanted full respect, and you better move out the way. She could not watch the movie Sounder in the 70s Baby racism is big as ever, in the workforce, in America and like the republicans said we want it the way it use to be the good old days.

No it is way more than the N. word much more. I want to send my P.D. pots and get my money back.

you cant tell me a thing about how sorry you are, and I do not want to see her back after a few years either.

Wocka

Big mistake Food Network. Won't watch you anymore.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

You can tell she's a squirter.

Wocka

BIG MISTAKE Food Network,

Larvey Heaven

She needs hug and a burger

Ugotshook

Food network is the best! Thanks food network! Cuz Rachel Ray big booty ass is still there!

Ugotshook

Maybe she should go work for free cooking on PBS!

bk

what are they crazy,,,,,black people use the N word all the time but that is Ok..

bk

what are they crazy...............black people use the N word but that is Ok........

Maria Davis

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

Maria Davis

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

skittlesbreaker19

Next spokeswoman for diabetes... She will work for cheap now!

jen

Some of you need to stop hanging around trash if everyone you know talks like that. I don't talk like that and neither do the people I associate with. It's wrong if you are a rapper and it's wrong if you live in the south. This is only one part of a much bigger scandal that Paula has going on at the moment. It's not just about the use of the 'n-word'.

Previous 15 Comments | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments