Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Charlotte

I think it is ridiculous that Food Network is cancelling Paula Deen`s show, who hasn`t in their life time used the N word, The n`s can call white people by different slangs but whites cannot .I have heard black people call their own ******s, and its not just a southern slang. I will boycott Food Network and never watch their shows ever again. I don`t think its right to make such a big to do over this cause we are all guilty of doing the very same thing.

CLARISSA

IT'S A RACIAL SLUR...& SHE WAS WAY TOO, MATTER OF FACT @ THE DEPOSITION. SHE'S A RACIST...PERIOD. (PAULA..DON'T GET AHEAD OF YOURSELF, YOU HAVE SURGERY FOR THAT FAT BUTT & GUT, LOSE SOME WEIGHT & NOW YOU HAVE THIS BELIEF THAT YOU'RE UNTOUCHABLE & CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU PLEASE. NOT!)

CLARISSA

NotYavgKat

Just goes to show you ... never ****ing tell the truth!! ****ing media are #****S

whimiscal1

This is bull and another case of the media bringing a past event to the present. In my work place, every single day, I see the blacks call each other the N word. The N word is not just a color of a person, it reflects the 'person', their actions, their life style. You dont see whites getting up in arms when they're called cracker! Looking at the postings and their score card, I'd say the majority feels as I do.

Nancy

I fired the food network, I won't watch the shows or support any chef that does. OMG people, you can fire me from society, I used words too, am I sorry NO. They were not said out of racism... I used them because I was raised better to be sensitive , I have learned the hard way to watch what words I say

Cashmere

Between Paula Deen, Tan Mom, and the new baby North West, I've decided TMZ is my new fix for a good laugh

static

She's a cook not a slick politician screw those self righteous bastards at Food Network I hope her son tells them to shove it up their ass sideways.

Nancy

I just can't support the network for firing Paula over something someone said 20 years ago.. OMG you will have fire me from society, things I HAVE said, of course, I grew up and learned to be sensitive.. I won't apologize.

crgslstshppr

I understand that the Black community uses the "N" word way too loosely, and I am totally against it -- as I view it as a sign of ignorance and IT IS extremely demeaning. With respect to Paula, it was a Freudian slip, which means it was in her thoughts, and she verbalized what has been instilled in her as a southern child. She IS RACIST. Her comment was a complete thought! It's not as if she called someone the "N" word, she made reference to Blacks acting as "SERVANTS!" For what reason does she feel a Black person would not take offense to that...whether she called them the "N" word or not! That is BLATANT racism! And, for ANYONE who feels any apology from her would mollify the Black community, needs to re-evaluate themselves. NOTE: I thought Paula Deen was very charming...up until a few days ago. But, just like her good ol' American apple pie -- she's done!

R Dorothy

Because she said 'the n-word'. Oh my God. for crying out loud. It's a word, get over it. "But it hurts my feelings" To hell with your feelings. If we would follow that logic, this morning I had a 'c-word' with cheese for breakfast.

tessa

the witch hunt mob is alive and well, led by TMZ, fox news and the twisters of truth everywhere. Food Network should be hanging their head in shame. what a twisted world.

maybe she should have just tortured and killed some dogs, that seems acceptable in this great country.

good grief.

brown35

I thought she was better then that I was watching you all the time you seem to like everyone but is it just black people you have a problems with or is it more to this story would you have been this mad if a white person had pulled a gun on you in the bank what word would you use to get your unfound point across.

jaylenkahlil3

I understand were some people are coming from saying black people use the word all the time let me start by saying I am black and I dont use that word thats just like saying people drink and drive all the time and that makes it right try growing up in a mostly white area and people who you think are ur friends and they dont see u looking (or maybe they do) they use the n word not because some one is acting a certain way but because color of there skin that word has a long history of hate so please people because u here rappers or some other people say that word dosnt mean we all do I undersatnd my history and the beating and the killings that went along with it and people who died because of it so when u think using the word is ok please think of us who had to here the word and did not do anything to deserve but was said to them just for being a certain color that word is not right no matter how u slice it and remeber not only did she say the word there were other actions behind it

Gary Wing

OVER REACTION !!!!! Let some black person say anything bad about OJ. Not a word would be said!

Previous 15 Comments | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments