Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

casper

All you see is my balls and my nicely ironed trousers (thank you Darling) as you open your mouth and tip your head back to receive me, I savor it, only putting the end in, as you to swirl your tongue around I begin sliding so slowly into your mouth, I pump away as you suck hard and I twist your nipples and tell you you are doing quite well.

Marvin

yall are going to keep on till you have pushed this civil rights thing too far and then there is going to be a race war.

Just My Opinion

Meaning of the N word. A person of AY RACE or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

How come blacks can call each other the N word, but not a white person?

How come blacks can call white people white trash, white bread and any other name they can think of? No one fires them from their job. Nor do they catch any hell for saying anything against a white person. Also, a friend mine (who works in security) told on a black person (who was in security too) that was stealing from the company. Instead of dealing with the guy that was doing the stealing from the company. They made my friend's life there a living hell. My friend said, they come to work when they feel like it, take long lunches, and leave when they feel like it . My friend said, that he has even caught them having sex while on the clock in one of the hotel rooms.

Bonnie powers

I feel so bad for Paula Deen, what is wrong with are nation today,I thought we had free speech today.They can say and do what ever they want to others but let one slip come there way and they make a big deal out of it.We know what half of them are and the other half just know what they are.

Step

People acting like they never thought or said an racial word in their life time in the heat of the moment. (Please don't lie to yourself or others). Ok, she said it and apology of her actions. I'm not saying its right but dang, it was so long ago. People acting like she cant change from how she was raised from her times of growing up or the time when it was done. Does saying a word make a person racial? Does treating a person less then human makes them racial? Some people dont know what make a person racial in the first place but the first to open their mouth.

mluna

It's so sad to know about Paula and I think they are over reacting!! I'm Mexican/American and people say things about Mexicans..So what!! She did apologize and sometimes we all say things without thinking.

antoni

keep up the god work good by to bad garbage ado Paula

lalet

How many of you here have ever used the word cracker? or wet back? or gringo? We have all used words in the coarse of our lives that we regret. leave the poor woman alone!

claire famiano

she is Americas sweetheart. I am 69 and we used that word without malace. she couldn't or wouldn't say anything mean. johnson and wales millions of students and food teachers and myself will boycott the food network for being so mean and over reacting to it. The rapp singers can use the word freely, shame on the network I will make sure people dont watch it any longer. Giada has so much attitude on tv and she is still on. I already have over 6 thousand names against this judgement. Paula I will watch you forever, u made the food network, and Emeril and the Contessa and Paula made that program. All us fans will stop watching and we will bad mouth your decision. You MUST BE BLACK. GO PAULA YOU DONT NEED THEM, ALL OTHERS SHOULD BACK YOU UP. GREAT JOB PAULA DEEEEEEEEN

mary

Is there anyone out there that at one time or another said some thing we wish we didn't say. I was born and raised in a little town in N.J. We never had a black & white issue. We played and went to school together. we were all friends. I now live in Florida and i'm in my sixties. I't wasn't until moving here have I ever experienced what you people call raceism. Talk is cheap. enjoy everyone you meat. Life is to short. you could be dead tomorrow.

Sparkleybright

OK, explain this: Mark Fuhrman DENIED, under oath, using the N word and was vilified. Paula Deen ADMITS, under oath, using the N word and is vilified. Mark Fuhrman went on to become a respected author and TV commentator. Wonder what the future hold for Paula?

jpratch

I'll sure bet you guys in the "media" are proud of yourselves for another success in the ethnic cleansing of America from folks who grew up in another culture and place. Could you OWN speech stand the scrutiny that you place on everybody else?
May you be held to the standards you force on others, and may you never ere, lest you be treated with the same respect you give others.

jpratch

Mary Ann Moseley

What she has done is no worse than politicians who have had affairs, lied to the people and cheated the public. It is no worse than local "politicians" who hire their friend and then up their salary, a county commissioner who was deposed for shady dealings and now sits on the board as a "temporary" until someone can find someone to take the job, or so many other instances of lying, cheating, stealing and God only knows what else. I'll watch her wherever she goes. And I hope the Food Channel goes belly up for such a ridiculous decision.

Leslie

I guess somebody is out to get her. She doesn't need them anyway, she has made it on her own. This is being blown way out of proportion

Previous 15 Comments | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments