Lindsay Lohan

$5 Mil Lawsuit On 'Rehab Hold'

6/28/2013 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0628_lindsay_lohan_tmz
Lindsay Lohan
just learned a bad lesson while she tries to get her life back on track in rehab -- addicts get special breaks when they're sued.

As we reported, D.N.A.M. Apparel Industries -- which manufactured clothes for Lindsay's 6126 line back in 2009-2010 -- sued the actress for the massive $5 million sum in May, claiming her "drug-addled image" made the clothes unsellable ... and they lost millions as a result.

But in a twist of irony, Lindsay's "drug-addled image" just bought her more than a month to scramble a legal defense -- because D.N.A.M. has just agreed to a ceasefire while she's in treatment.

According to new court docs, D.N.A.M. won't serve Lindsay 'til she leaves rehab in mid-August "in a gesture of good faith and so as not to disturb her healing process."

FYI, the lawsuit's already been filed ... but the legal process can't begin until Lindsay has been served with the documents.

You'll recall ... Lindsay initially sued D.N.A.M. for $1.1 million, claiming the company licensed the 6126 trademark, but shortchanged her big time on hundreds of thousands of dollars she claims she was promised in exchange.

1203_lindsay_lohan_through_footer

Reg

Regular as clockwork, anytime that I reply to Nichole,My comments (mysteriously)dissapear!!! Am I shocked?

seamus

Good morning all and good evening Regina. Just checking before I head to the beach for the day.

Black Dirt Goodness

HotTurd s c u m slowly fading into the distance.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

So DUIna and Ali were out in Soho looking for an apartment. Maybe a charity ball afterwards?

Firefly

Hey guys,

Haven't been here in awhile, what's happening?

LISA

That explains why they waited for her ‘sentence’ to begin before they filed their counter-suit. Delaying the service means her 3 month rehab tour will be officially noted in the court docs.

Firefly

Hey I just had a great thought. I'll invite Lindsay to go off shore fishing. If she gets sea sick I'll just take her over to a rig and let her off telling her she will feel better in a little while. Then I'd just leave her there.

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

SUSAN
This is a non story. Typical of TMZ...

And typical of Susan, how she starts every post on a TMZ article with that same line.

Dumb snatch that she is.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

If she could cut those chains (her family) around her neck then maybe she could keep her head above water. I want to know what happened to all the money she earned as a minor. Why wasn't that money invested long term. She would have a fortune if she only had banked that first Locke's money and forgot about it. Doesn't take a financial planner to do that, just a mom. Oh yeah ...

BobbieFisher

I have one question that TMZ should find out about before they start posting these articles -

IS THERE A MORAL'S CLAUSE?

I heard there wasn't one. I read that the company never presented a moral's clause in the contract at all. Therefore Lohan could tank the company by taking a boatload of crack, punching Obama in face, steal gold from Fort Knox, not show up for two weeks to a set, and crash her rented porsche into child care center - and it won't make a lick of difference. That stupid company is going to owe her the amount they agreed upon in the contract. It was signed by both parties and it's binding.

So - TMZ - call me when you actually find out the dirt on the contract, otherwise this is crap and doesn't mean anything.

And for the record - any company that doesn't include a morals clause with Lindsay Lohan is so dumb that they deserve to be screwed in the a$$ by this lying, thieving, face-punching, tantrum-throwing, entitled, addict/alcoholic, assholic JUNKIE. This is what happens when you get involved with a grifter.

seamus

I hate weather forecasters-today was suppose to be the best day of the weekend and it is already raining. The other day they were warning about severe thunderstorms all day-do you know when it rained 10 at night when I was in bed. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

My thoughts go out to those in the US Southwest. Oy!

Saturday
Clear. High of 126F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Saturday Night
Clear. Low of 91F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday
Clear. High of 126F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Low of 91F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Monday
Clear. High of 126F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Monday Night
Clear. Low of 91F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tuesday
Partly cloudy. High of 126F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Tuesday Night
Clear. Low of 91F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday
Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 126F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Wednesday Night
Clear. Low of 91F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday
Clear. High of 124F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the North in the afternoon.

Reg

Watching the start of The Tour de France, hope my Aussie boy can repeat his triumph from last year.

Ellie G

BLRRRRRG! I hate working Saturdays!

I am hoping for a Lindsay escape this weekend. She needs to step up her game, she is being forgotten.

Reg