Randy Travis

CRITICAL CONDITION

with Heart Issues

7/8/2013 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_randy_travis_tmzCountry superstar Randy Travis is in CRITICAL CONDITION after suffering from complications stemming from recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy ... this according to the singer's rep.

We're told the 54-year-old Grammy winner was admitted to a hospital in Texas yesterday.

According to the Mayo Clinic, cardiomyopathy is a "disease that weakens and enlarges your heart muscle." Cardiomyopathy can lead to heart failure.

It's unclear what caused Travis' condition.

Travis was scheduled to perform in Deadwood, South Dakota on Wednesday.

Story developing ...

0708_randy_Travis_footer

dottie lovett

hang in there your loved believe in god he will get you through this

Lazarus Long

He's a great singer,but it's no real secret that he was a drunk for decades. I'm guessing he has tooted a little coke in his time,too.

Drug/alcohol abuse are often the result of sudden success,wealth,and fame.

Plus,a life spent touring and eating fast food,not getting enough sleep,etc,etc,etc,it all contributes. Lots of people seek fame and fortune in the entertainment industry,but it's a very destructive lifestyle if you don't pay attention to what you are doing.

Mary Dunn

My Husband just passed away a year ago from this!
They found it in 1993 & it was from an Infection he had as a child left unattended or treated by a doctor that left him this way! It was very hard to watch him slowly get worse everyday frome this & He also had MS.To!!! My prayers go out to Him & His Family its a rough road ahead...<3

Lia

It was only a matter of time. He has been spiraling into the loo for the past year, at least. It's very sad. I love his voice.

LOVELIFE

My prays are with Randy and the Travis family my God Bless you!

Robin

what a great entertainer, hopefully they caught it in time and he will be up and around singing for us all

Dot

I wish Randy the best and pray that he will do everything needed to keep this condition in check from this day forward. Get well soon and take care.

Atheistguru

I guess he's NOT goin' to love you forever and ever amen...

punany

What in the name of Barney Frank is going on?

Vonnie

Praying for Randy Travis.

romba

This is what happens when you shoot up and take strange ***** in the poopchute.

Anna

Hang in there..I had same thing several years ago and got well and enjoy full active life style doing things i always loved..travel,dancing,shopping

LISA

I am so sorry to hear about Randy's condition. I know this virus is quite serious. FIGHT with everything you've got Randy - you have so many people who care about you. I wish him and his family all the best.

Dean

Wishing Randy all the best and a speedy recovery.

Ruby Covert

Love you Randy Travis.Hang in there .Prayers going for a speedy recovery.