Randy Travis

CRITICAL CONDITION

with Heart Issues

7/8/2013 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_randy_travis_tmzCountry superstar Randy Travis is in CRITICAL CONDITION after suffering from complications stemming from recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy ... this according to the singer's rep.

We're told the 54-year-old Grammy winner was admitted to a hospital in Texas yesterday.

According to the Mayo Clinic, cardiomyopathy is a "disease that weakens and enlarges your heart muscle." Cardiomyopathy can lead to heart failure.

It's unclear what caused Travis' condition.

Travis was scheduled to perform in Deadwood, South Dakota on Wednesday.

Story developing ...

0708_randy_Travis_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Andrea & Mark St.Denis

May the love of family an friends keep you strong. Praying for you Randy...

rosemarie

Hoping you get well soon Randy, Let this be a wake up call, God Bless and Keep you safe.

Stacy_Rachelle9210

maybe if he hadn't been drinking so much he wouldn't have these problems.
if he ends up being okay hopefully he can put the bottle down & save his life.

NJ

See you on the other side Randy.

Miva

Praying for Randy's speedy recovery, I guess his GF Mary is by his side that her here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/music/mary-beougher-randy-travis-girlfriend/. I wonder in his ex-wife Lib has dropped by this is the former Mrs. Travis here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/elizabeth-hatcher-travis-randy-travis-ex-wife/

Lynette

My prayers go out for Mr. Travis. My husband of 12 & Awesome father to our six children passed away suddenly from cardiomyopathy, at age 37 on Tues. Nov 8, 2011. Cardiomyopathy is a very emotional, unpredictable heart condition. It is important to be surrounded by loving, caring, supportive , stress free & positive family & friends. We saw miracles during my husbands short 1year battle with the disease. I thank God for the day of more research & a cure, besides heart transplants and open heart surgerys to have LVADS placed. It's a silent, sudden, deadly attacking killer and my children and I hate cardiomyopathy. May God Bless Mr. Travis with a miraculous intervention and healing. May he have excellent care and wisdom from Doctors led my God to know what's best for Mr. Travis.

judith walley

May God Bless You * Randy Travis * Please Feel Better, We Love You.. Your The Best......Your Fan..... * J * W *

gwen hochlander

hi randy my gwen you are very good sing have all your taps

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7