'Big Brother' Host Julie Chen

'I'M OFFENDED'

By Our Racist Houseguests

7/9/2013 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

070913_julie_chen_launch
Sure, she plays it cool on the show ... but "Big Brother" host Julie Chen says she's well aware of all the disgusting racist comments being made inside the house ... and she's offended.

Julie and her husband, CBS honcho Les Moonves, were leaving Craig's in L.A. last night when we asked how she felt about houseguest Aaryn's racist comments about Asians.

"Personally, I was offended," Chen told TMZ ... "I was offended by all the comments -- the anti-gay, the anti-black, but especially the anti-Asian ones ... for obvious reasons."

Still, Chen says she's hopeful Aaryn will be able to "change the way she thinks" after she leaves the BB house.

Chen does take one thinly-veiled shot at Aaryn when asked about the houseguest being dropped by her modeling agency -- check out the clip.

Hanapana

Being offended every once in a while is a small price to pay for our Freedom Of Speech. Let's not get carried away and make this into something bigger. Ignorance is everywhere and I'm willing to bet the producers wanted this tension for ratings.

billy pootons

If you youtube julie chen and the TV show "The Soup", you'll see "The Soup" has played SEVERAL clips of Julie Chen using a sterotypical asian voice on her other TV show, "The Talk" to get cheap laughs.... so she can't be offended by some dumb kids racism on big brother and at the same time use racial stereotypical voices/jokes to make jokes on her other TV show

6one9

FIRE the casting Co `` NOW..
They Always cast the same type boring ppl yr after yr!

dreamer4u

If you are so "offended" about these racist remarks why don't your BIG executive husband get rid of these bigots?? All because the love of money CHEN!!!Nothing is ever going to transpire from these racist punks and we all know it because all CBS cares about are ratings and $$$..Reality sucks huh???

Azi

Julie Chen is HOT, especially after she eats. You're a lucky man Les.

CelebrityScum

CBS consistently insults Christians and Conservatives on a variety of shows that run on the so called Tiffinay Network.

Gretel

I don't know why but I like Julie Chen, I think Les is kind of hot in an old Jewish guy kind of way too. I know, I know ... and it's even freaking me out so I'm going to take some Tylenol and rest for a while.

The Universe

The actress who starred in King of Queens, Leah Remini is Italian period! Leah was fired from The Talk because she didn't get along with big mouth Sharon Osborne.

MAX

yuck foo beeatch

bob

Let them know racist and bigots are not acceptable.

soobeedoo

Uhhh...ratings down maybe? Can you plug this stupid show a little more............

NJ

Chen used her Asian noodle holder to f her way to the top. She is a role mode to sluts like farrah Abraham, and Oreo baby creator Kim K.

pat

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again.

That these racists / biggots are still on the show and allowed to continue the game suggests that CBS is OK and on board with the trash that is being spewed on the program.

What I really like is that these clowns think everything is fine and that their views have no consequences. It should be interesting to see their reactions once they find out they have no jobs after they're eliminated.

Lastly, I can't believe Julie is putting up with this. She is either a real dummy who is where she is today because she's banging the boss or a first class hypocryte who will not say boo because she's afraid of losing the show and her exposure.

Susan

CBS SHOULD BE ASHAMED ON STILL ALLOWING AARYN TO STAY ON THE SHOW AFTER ALL THE REMARKS SHE IS MAKING. PAULA DEEN GOT EVERYTHIG TAKEN FROM HER AND I THINK SO SHOULD AARYN.

pat

I don't think this was originally about ratings. It might be today however.

BB has been on tv for years now. CBS has been tweaking the show to the point where it looks like they are selecting contestants based on how they look without really taking a look at what kind of people they hire.

If people were selected on a complete random basis like for example, hiring the first twelve people that walk by the front door, regardless of age sex or religion, you might get one racist or biggot. And that could happen if you're picking a slice of America.

But when you have 4 of these clowns shows they weren't even interviewed. They just look good on tv and that seems to be enough for CBS

Time for this show to get cancelled. They had a good run.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments