'Big Brother' Host Julie Chen

'I'M OFFENDED'

By Our Racist Houseguests

7/9/2013 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

070913_julie_chen_launch
Sure, she plays it cool on the show ... but "Big Brother" host Julie Chen says she's well aware of all the disgusting racist comments being made inside the house ... and she's offended.

Julie and her husband, CBS honcho Les Moonves, were leaving Craig's in L.A. last night when we asked how she felt about houseguest Aaryn's racist comments about Asians.

"Personally, I was offended," Chen told TMZ ... "I was offended by all the comments -- the anti-gay, the anti-black, but especially the anti-Asian ones ... for obvious reasons."

Still, Chen says she's hopeful Aaryn will be able to "change the way she thinks" after she leaves the BB house.

Chen does take one thinly-veiled shot at Aaryn when asked about the houseguest being dropped by her modeling agency -- check out the clip.

Jordan

Les Moonves Looked very uncomfortable talking about the racism in the BIG BROTHER HOUSE!!!!!

IN MY OPINION

Julie SMH
This happens daily behind close doors in America.
~
They shouldn't apologize for what they believe, but they should always be on guard about what they say. THE CAMERAS ARE NOT HIDDEN...DUH

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

You can imagine what kind of comments this one makes when the cameras aren´t rolling. The whole show is despicable.

Stiletto

Yeah...but was she still offended an hour later?

William

Why does Aaryn have to "change the way she thinks"? You can choose to dis-associate with her, if you choose.

Elsa

This coming from the company and staff who worked/employed Charlie Sheen.

They only care about one color... Green $$$

David

I wonder how much of this was encouraged to get the show to seem edgy .

James R. - Los Angeles

If Chen is offended, she should quit now, contract be damned. But I'm sure she won't because the money is too good.

Patti

I don't understand why this show is on the air to begin with. It really is extremely boring and stupid! Now with all these comments, the show should be automatically cancelled and something should happen to those racists. I'm shocked Les isn't doing something about it. Lost all respect for that man and the network.

Larry

SHE's offended? I'm offended that no-talent, extremely irritating Julie Chen Moonves is onTV only because of who she bangs.

Mikey

BS - its all about ratings - Oh the horror.......

OMG

Of course she's going to say she's offended on camera.

Mikey

If she were really outraged she'd dump the big brother show and do a show about Nuns.

elpablo

"Uh...I'm on camera! Let me put my PC filter on real quick! Uh, I'm offended!! That is wrong!! NOBODY talks like that! If they do, they should be shunned by society...UM!! Yeah, I'm realistic. Go PC!!"

Truth

Julie Chen blew her way to that gig and ultimately to marrying the boss of CBS. So yeah, what she thinks about something is important. smh

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments