Amanda Bynes

On 5150 Hold

7/23/2013 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0602_amanda_bynes_4_tmz
update_bar
8:35 AM PT
-- TMZ just spoke to the woman whose driveway Amanda built the fire on, and she tells us, she had no idea what was going on until cops knocked on her front door. She says cops asked her, "Do you know anyone by the name of Amanda Bynes, or why she would have some vendetta against you?" She said no ... not surprising because the woman is elderly.

072313_bynes_neighbor_launch
Cops then described to her that there was a young lady in her driveway, who had lit a fire and was carrying a little red gas tank. The homeowner says cops told her Amanda had burned part of her clothing.

gray-bar-update
Amanda Bynes
is currently hospitalized on a 5150 hold ... after starting a small fire in the driveway of some random person's house Monday night, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the fire department responded to the home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 9 PM -- near where Amanda was just accused of trespassing -- after someone noticed the small blaze in the driveway. The sheriff's department was subsequently called when Amanda was found standing near the campfire.

0723_fire_marks_sub
When sheriff's deputies arrived, they questioned Amanda about what she was doing, and why she was doing it -- and based on her answers, they determined she needed to be hospitalized on a 5150 hold. Translation: her answers were really wacky.

A 5150 hold is an involuntary hospitalization for mental evaluation. Amanda can only be held for 72 hours though.

Britney Spears was famously taken in on a 5150 in 2008 during her pre-conservatorship period.

And just to give you an idea of what Amanda looked like yesterday, these photos were taken at Bloomingdales in Santa Monica just hours before the hospitalization ... around 5 PM.

0723_bynes_shopping_tmz_wm
Story developing ...

0523_amanda_bynes_twit_pics_footer

FLO

IS KANYE NEXT?

cheryl

you people feel sorry for anybody and forgive anything. This woman is a mean, hate filled person and doesn't deserve sympathy. If she gets help and apologizes, ok, but not before. I'm sick of her calling everybody, but herself of course, Ugly! Bit*h needs to look in the mirror.

Lori

I hope she gets the help she needs. She was so adorable in "Hairspray"!

sheryl st louis

Amanda you want to know what ugly looks like,just look in the mirror at your face

Professional Party Animal

This girl is making LiLo look pretty normal, what an amazing accomplishment.

VictoriaGirl

As IF we needed anymore proof that she has a mental illness, setting a fire on someones driveway and shopping in just a t-shirt has to be enough to finally put her in a mental institution for a good long while so she can get a proper diagnosis and start getting treatment for it.

TRUTHSAYER

lol

dawn crigger

Where are her parents? I know she is old enough to care for herself but evidently she can't. This and some of her other crazy stunts is a CRY FOR HELP! Please someone help her before she ends up like some of these other stars 6 ft under. She used to be one of my favorite movie stars,its such a shame!

ADR

I love how if someone acts NUTs it means they're NUTs, which is untrue.

I strongly disagree with others when they state she is suffering from a mental health disorder. As a nurse myself and a patient that suffers from mental health disease, I understand what it takes in order to be assessed properly.

Police/Fire have a duty to put someone on a 5150 hold when they are a threat to themselves and/or to others. Does setting a fire on someone's driveway constitute as that? Yes! But once in the hospital it'll become apparent that she does not suffer from any thing other than narcissism! OR she is on some crazy drugs that will be out of her system (mostly, depending upon which drug she is on) when on a 72 hour hold.

Knocking her bong out the window isn't mental health issues... lying about it isn't mental health and dressing oddly does not necessarily mean she's suffering from anything... it brings up questions, yes!

I also read that she has undergone a psychiatric assessment before and doctor's did not find anything out of ordinary... But then again diseases have a funny way of progressing...

I guess we will find out in 3 days when she is released... maybe some rehab might be in order but still strongly believe she is sane... I may be wrong and I look forward to seeing if my assessment is correct or not :)

jess

i hope they don't blame her crazy on the weed

TruthBeTold9

Tmz will push and invade privacy until she dies.And then still talk bad about her.When they actually might be contributing to whats going on with her.You never know what makes people trip out.But I'm sure privacy invasion can be one.

Norma Desomd

This is very sad. I hope she gets the help she needs.

kellie

It's about ****ing time!

livetxnet

When she is released she should come over to my house. I do crazy!

Mike Hunt

She looks like Octo-mom now. Gross.