Amanda Bynes

On 5150 Hold

7/23/2013 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0602_amanda_bynes_4_tmz
update_bar
8:35 AM PT
-- TMZ just spoke to the woman whose driveway Amanda built the fire on, and she tells us, she had no idea what was going on until cops knocked on her front door. She says cops asked her, "Do you know anyone by the name of Amanda Bynes, or why she would have some vendetta against you?" She said no ... not surprising because the woman is elderly.

072313_bynes_neighbor_launch
Cops then described to her that there was a young lady in her driveway, who had lit a fire and was carrying a little red gas tank. The homeowner says cops told her Amanda had burned part of her clothing.

gray-bar-update
Amanda Bynes
is currently hospitalized on a 5150 hold ... after starting a small fire in the driveway of some random person's house Monday night, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the fire department responded to the home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 9 PM -- near where Amanda was just accused of trespassing -- after someone noticed the small blaze in the driveway. The sheriff's department was subsequently called when Amanda was found standing near the campfire.

0723_fire_marks_sub
When sheriff's deputies arrived, they questioned Amanda about what she was doing, and why she was doing it -- and based on her answers, they determined she needed to be hospitalized on a 5150 hold. Translation: her answers were really wacky.

A 5150 hold is an involuntary hospitalization for mental evaluation. Amanda can only be held for 72 hours though.

Britney Spears was famously taken in on a 5150 in 2008 during her pre-conservatorship period.

And just to give you an idea of what Amanda looked like yesterday, these photos were taken at Bloomingdales in Santa Monica just hours before the hospitalization ... around 5 PM.

0723_bynes_shopping_tmz_wm
Story developing ...

0523_amanda_bynes_twit_pics_footer

babyboy

Maybe she can get some help....

Kathi Lagras

Doesn't matter how much money you have it went beyond her head she needs professional help

Isabel medina94@yahoo.com

It is obvious, that this young girl is not well. She is in need of medical attention I thank God that someone call 911 last night. My prayers are with her and family....

Jc

I appreciate the opinions and daily gossip, that entertains the hell out of me each day. However, other then the lawyers the staff should reserve their personal comments. For example today Amanda Bynes, that thin blonde chick changed the focus from the person Amanda to the dog. WOW! I love my dogs as much as the next person, I feed them every day and will take them to the vet. However, her comments will not cause the dog to consider suiced. however, those same comments do run the possibility of causing a living cognitative person to consider suiceide. Please folks be responsible with your words!!!!!

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

Am I the only person that feels really bad for this little old lady whose never going to feel safe again as a result of this? Older people don't deal well with this kind of cr@p. She's always going to be checking the property now, living in fear. This girl committed a felony. She needs psychiatric help. She needs a body guard if they let her out. She is potentially dangerous. I pray she gets help.

TonyD

She needs to be commtted.. where are her parents?...

Mike

Amanda has apparently declared war on the elderly. I am going to guess that she feels that they're ugly, since that seems to be her thing these days.

Questdelsangraal

Finally she is where she belongs.
Hope they can treat her mental health issues.

Cat

Finally through this fluke incident, Amanda Bynes has proven she is a danger to herself and others. Parking in a complete strangers driveway and setting fire to herself and potentially causing a major explosion certainly proves this. Lets all pray that with her confined to the psych ward she will act out enough there to show that she needs to stay in for a long while to get Amanda the proper help, her behavior has been quite unusual for a long while now and it is disappointing to see such a talented young actress decline while her actions get stranger and stranger. I hope everything turns out well for her and for her highest good. She does deserve the best in life, Amanda needs a second chance to get her life back. Rather than being a laughing stock.

powerslave

She needs love from Jesus

Stef

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming....

*crickets*

Yeah I thought so.

Damian

I see dead people.

Kristy Sheldon

Our first clue that she was crazy was that she was shopping with no pants! Who does she think she is, Rihanna?

joecrabs

I like that old lady's hair. It looks like a hat I had once when I was a kid. It was part of my Friar Tuck Halloween costume. I miss that hat.

alex