Celine Dion

Bigger Than Michael

So Claims AEG

7/25/2013 10:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725-celine-dion-michael-jackson-getty
It's Billie Jean vs. Titanic, and AEG claims the ship wins hands down.  Translation -- AEG is trying to convince the Michael Jackson jury that Celine Dion is bigger than MJ.

AEG exec John Meglin is on the stand in the wrongful death case, scoffing at the Jackson family's claim that Michael would have earned $1.5 billion had he lived.

Meglin told the jury it's his opinion Celine is a bigger star and therefore more bankable than MJ ever would have been.  Yet according to reports, Celine is worth a measly $400 mil.

Fun facts:  Jackson ranks #3 in most albums sold worldwide -- more than a billion (behind the Beatles and Elvis) . Celine ranks #9 at 200 million albums.

As for Grammys, MJ also has her beat with 13 Grammys to her 5.

So we gotta ask ...

Warvo

LOL Even Celine wouldn't think she was bigger than MJ. MJ is the greatest recording artist in history.

budweediii

If you listen to Celine, know this, you have BAD taste in music.

B-Dot

Let's be real. You can ask any person on the street from 1 to 100 no matter where you are who Michael Jackson is and I guarantee 95% of them will know. Now do the same thing with Celine and you'll definitely get "Who?" from a vast majority. MJ wins this hands down.

shoe

That's laughable. Celine has no hope of ever being larger than MJ. She does not transcend boarders and countries the way MJ did and does. I will concede however, that of the two, she is definitely the bigger star alive today. That's about the only poll she would win.

el nair

its 1.5 billion with a B

martin smith

rubbish michael will always be biggest

Carlos Estevez RULZ ya ©μnt

Mike Jackson tossed my salad when I was 8 and I came on his nose and far head. I loved it so leave him alone or else...

Miki

MJ maybe more "known" but I can bet that CD is worth more money. MJ was broke, they were going to take Neverland away more than once. He was living with people for years because he couldn't afford hotels.

Uri Gellers part-time psychic spy.

Wearing that suit, MJ bigger for sure.

Uri Gellers part-time psychic spy.

dierdre

I would say that MJ was definitely worth much more than CD. I recently saw CD perform w/my hubby at the Collesium in Vegas, & I personally did NOT like the show. We had great seats, I saw her up close, & she's really tiny, very very thin, makes weird faces when she sings, & believe me is NOT that great.

ARIANE

Céline a une vie plus équilibrée que Michael Jackson mais ne lui arrive pas à la cheville en termes d'icône de la musique, créateur, génie etc....Michael est le seul et unique King of Pop, le plus grand bien sûr!

Mina

Ummmm.. MJ hands down. Are you kidding me? MJ was and IS the greates of all. He is known all around the world and loved by the entire world. We all saw the outpouring of grieve when he passed from worldwide.

HumanNature