« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

White Player Apologizes

for N-word Threat [Update]

7/31/2013 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

update_bar
2:54 PM PT --
The Eagles tell TMZ ... Cooper has been FINED for making the comments and "has accepted responsibility for his words and actions."

The team tells us, "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society."

The Eagles did not specify the amount of the fine.

gray-bar-update
Philadelphia Eagles
wide receiver Riley Cooper -- who is white -- is begging for forgiveness after a video surfaced showing the 25-year-old threatening to fight "every n**ger" at a country music concert.

The video was shot June 9 during a Kenny Chesney concert in Philadelphia ... where a sleeveless Cooper turned to the camera and says, "I will jump that fence and fight every n**ger here.”

Now, after the video, which first appeared on CrossingBroad.com, began making the rounds on various websites, Cooper has released a statement saying, "I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize."

"I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences.”

The Eagles had high hopes for Cooper going into the 2013 season -- and was expected to be a starter when the season kicks off in September.

It's unclear if this video will change those plans ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dayna

Yes, you're sorry you got caught. I am black, and i love country music. Am i to expect to be attacked for attending a country music concert when white people safely attend rap concerts! Damn, who are the thugs? People like this idiot need to understand that all country music singers are not racist and do not share in his ignorance. Toby Keith, put your boot in his ignorant ass!:) That being said, I love you Toby! Also, i agree with some of you who say God bless him because God will be the one to deal with him. And to the person who asked if Negro is ok? Yes, call us what you want but I'll bet you'd respect us in person. God bless us for not carrying around all that hate. I don't see how ya'll do it? It takes an evil person to carry hate for an entire group of people who are not the same and who do not share the same beliefs. While you waste time hating us, you're closing your eyes to the real problems and it leads to other people taking over. Ya'll stay classy because we are going to make it no matter what we are called.

budweediii

It's a WORD people, quit getting so inflamed over it. If everyone would quit being offended over what a single indivdual says, the world would be a better place. But by all means, make a big issue out of it.
This country is full of sensitive *******.

Xavier

****** ****** ****** ******!!!! It's just a ****ing word. If ****** is the best you can come with in 2013, by all means please enjoy the usage. Just don't stop signing my checks, cuz I ain't mad. Black folks need to get over themselves before the whites really get mad and start cutting them off.

Hermanw33

Whiw

PENG

Paula Dean says it 20 years ago n the whole world has a ****fit. Let us see if all the sponsors drop over this. Ha.

jsmooth

say what yall want he said it to good not to use that word a lot he even put the er at the end lol.

Snowden

Fox News working on "Cooper and Dean: I didn't mean it til I got caught"

outlawtdh

He is not even telling the truth. He was with a large group of his teammates who, except for him, all acted like gentleman. He was TRASHED! He acted like a fool on stage, had this issue, was aggressive with his girlfriend, and then inappropriately grabbed one of my friends daughters. If you could have only seen his behavior after the concert. When he touched one of my friends, I was done with watching his behavior and we shared words. Someone clearly knows he is trouble because his "babysitter" wouldn't even let him go to the bathroom without following him to watch his every move. You don't hire a guy to follow a grown man around unless you think he is going to cause trouble. I'm going to keep saying this... not that it matters..... All players, all public figures, need to realize that their days of running crazy and not getting caught, or being held responsible, are over. You are public figures and children idolize you and look up to you. Start acting like you actually deserve the life you have! If you want to act like a hood rat, fine. Hand over your millions and go be one. Give someone who can act like a respectable public figure the chance.

wtf?

Jeffrey Lurie, owner of the Philadelphia Eagles wants to preach about what has "no role in a civil society?" You gave a job and millions and millions of dollars to a herpes spreading, money laundering, dog murdering convict. Were his actions permissible in a "civil society?" It's a f#cking word that means nothing. Blacks hold onto it because it's a bargaining chip. They better leave Cooper alone.

Bobby

Saying black people say it all the time is such a lame cop out. He shouldn't apologize tho he's and meant it at the time and he shouldn't have to worry about being fired, I sure someone will end his career for him

lil slut

/var/folders/9b/pwpdzql173v2j1v0rt_j716c0000gn/T/Messages/Transfers/bugeyed******.gif

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Dumb honkey. Oops, am I "allowed" to say that?

Areader

He's a good ole Southern boy...whatcha y'all expect?

Dee

Wow...will he be reliving that thru out this football season....LOL.

JUstin

He's done ..I think a baseball Player did the same thing a while back , name escapes me ..but his career ended shortly after ..Athletes often have a very strong bond with each other , and these things are not tolerated ..He's going to be out soon ..They are not going to tolerate him . PERIOD ..A fine is not going to work , sorry!!