Dick Van Dyke

Pulled Out of

Flaming Vehicle

8/19/2013 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

081913_dick_van_dyke_launch
87-year-old actor Dick Van Dyke narrowly averted disaster moments ago on an L.A. freeway -- when his Jaguar burst into flames -- but thankfully, he was pulled to safety in the nick of time.

The hero who rescued him is a guy named Jason Pennington, who tells TMZ, he was driving along the 101 when he saw a car full of smoke on the side of the road ... and an elderly man hunched over at the wheel.

Pennington tells us, he pulled up and ran over to discover Dick Van Dyke struggling inside.

081913_van_dyke_explosion_launch
Pennington says he opened the driver door and pulled the actor out of the vehicle as flames tore through the engine.

We're told Dick was slightly disoriented by the experience but did NOT need medical attention. His wife came to pick him up shortly after and brought him home.

As for the car ... it's toast.

0819_dick_van_dyke_car_melted_vine_article

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Jay

Hey ,Dick I think that you could buff it out and touch it up a little and it will be ok?

Michael

Thank Jason Pennington he is safe.

Randy L

It looks like we almost had a flaming Dyke!

Glad everyone's OK.

Aurora K. Hall

I work at Home with Google. It's by-far the nicest job I have had. I've made $64,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here is what I do, Bling6.com

Clara

Thank you Jason Pennington for saving a great idol. So glad Dick is ok!

danwat1234

Should have been driving a Tesla Model S. Safest car in the world according to the NHTSA

Nryanphx

Take a gullp of peto bismal but pay for it this time. You know what I am talking about.

Lemony2

Does anyone but me think that it is odd a new car like this burst into flames? Just a thought but maybe it should be checked out for sabotage. Someone in the will may be getting anxious.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7