Dave Chappelle

HISSY FIT AT LIVE SHOW

Tells Off Crowd After Hecklers Interrupt

8/30/2013 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0830_dave_chapelle_01

Dave Chappelle went off on an angry crowd in Connecticut last night -- refusing to perform his material and telling the the audience to BOO THEMSELVES after he was heckled during the show.

Chappelle had only been on stage for a few minutes when he started to become irritated with some loudmouthed people in the crowd. As an act of defiance, Chappelle reportedly sat on his stool and with his mouth shut for several minutes.

Eventually, Chappelle grabbed the mic and told the crowd: "I f**ked up when I left my show, you know why? 'Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television. I could've went on television, I could've read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would've got $50 million dollars."

"I shoulda done that sh*t but my ego wouldn't let me. Tonight is different. Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left. and when my 3 minutes is up, my ass is gone."

When people started to boo the comic, Chappelle responded, "You're booing yourself."

After the show, dozens of pissed off fans demanded a refund.

People seem to be divided over Chappelle's reaction -- with comics like Patton Oswalt blaming the crowd: "Dear Dave Chappelle's fans: He's one of the best comedians working, & you're not letting him do what he loves. Stop being a**holes."

Jordan

If you are paying a lot of money to see a comic they should not suck as Much as Dave did?

Mumra the Ever Living

TMZ, you got to get new copy writers. This guy can't even cut and paste correctly.
C'mon Harvey, this site is a cash cow, invest in some better help - and yes, that cash cow part was alluding to lil Kimmie and her whoar family.

Bec215

I've read before about him doing this... he does not do many shows, and one of the things that seems well known about him is that if people in the crowd keep yelling phrases from his comedy show skits, and yelling at him to repeat old material, he walks out. It seems people treat him like a band - "Play Freebird!", but he's not, and I think it's disrepectful to go to see a comedian and then try to dictate their material. Those people did not pay to be able to tell him what to do - they paid to see what he would bring, and they should have let him bring it.

Usagal

Quit picking on me!!!! WAWAWAWAWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Toilethead

People have a right to heckle a bad comic they've paid good money to see.

Winter

Where is Michael Richards when you need him?

realtalk

Crack......

Jennifer

According to two friends who were there (separately), there was no heckling. People cheered for him and yelled out that they loved him. He appeared to be either drunk, stoned, or just woke up, completely out of it. At one point he sat down and started smoking cigarettes, saying he would stay on stage for as long as he was contractually obligated to, and that he wasn't making a comeback, it was a way for him to pay bills.

Big Khloe

What a stupid story. Notice there hasn't been one thing interesting in the last 2 weeks? Except the fabricated story Kriss Jenner asked you to run.

Big Khloe

Stuipd stories and then spam links. And then a Kardation plug (pun intended). What a shet site this has become.

samael

Of course this is a screw up - Chapell- this is a new entertainment world you rejoined.

You could have made a joke about the heckler ie:
#my bank account is bigger than yours

In this era of instant information - your fans can screw you over secionds after you screwed them over.

The fans should be reimbursed by Chappell- acquire thicker skin or better "heckler" material or cancel tour.

You made your fans waste their money, they can watch you sit for free at starbuck's.

Dylan

I was there last night. He came out and was really funny for about ten minutes. Then he stated that the front rows were making too much noise, stopped performing, sat down on a stool for twenty five minutes, and smoked cigarettes. It was really upsetting that he took it out on the rest of the audience. We were all pumped when he came out, he was greeted with a standing ovation, and then he did that. Unprofessional and a waste of money.

cindy

I think he's got mental issues.

jackmama311

take your meds.....

StupidCanadians

Boo this man! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments