Terrence Howard

Threatened Suicide During Hotel Brawl ...

Ex-Wife Claims

9/3/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_terrance_howard_michelle_howard_article_getty_tmzTerrence Howard flew into a violent rage -- throwing his then-estranged wife to the ground, and threatening to slash his own wrists -- after she accused him of cheating ... this according to documents filed by Howard's ex.

In the court docs, Michelle Ghent claims the brawl went down in a Toronto hotel room in April ... when she found phone numbers for 6 women in his bag ... and promptly called the women while Howard was in the room.

In her filing ... Michelle says the 44-year-old Oscar nominee threw her computer out a window, lifted her off the ground and slammed her down ... and reached for an X-Acto blade and put it to his wrist.

Ghent claims Howard also pretended to hang himself with a belt -- and told her, "I'm just thinking if I should kill you first before killing me."

Two days after the hotel fight ... Ghent claims Howard continued talking about suicide in text messages.  Her filing includes dozens of texts she claims he sent -- in one, Terrence allegedly said he wishes he "wasn't such a coward and that I had the courage to finish what should have been accomplished in the abortion clinic 44 years ago."

In another text Howard allegedly said he was going to get outpatient treatment for "his addictions and emotional instability" -- and offered to deposit more than $25,000 in her account to cover the damage to her computer.

As we previously reported ... Ghent got a temporary restraining order against Howard last month after he allegedly punched her and kicked her during a July vacation in Costa Rica. For his part, Howard claimed she had pepper sprayed him.

Terrence and Michelle's divorce was finalized just 2 weeks after the alleged Toronto brawl.

Vote2012

Just another one of Hollywoods finest on display.

Joanne

Who packs X-Acto knives on a vacation???

KartrashianKow

Dear EX-mrs howard,
You are now divorced from Terrence. PLEASE stop selling stories trying to smear his name, It's making you look even more desperate than you already are.....put your big girl panties on and move along now!

Scary

I'm guessing they're both crazy and the crazy of one feeds on the crazy of the other.

Fred Thompson

This guy is a douche and a racist (against anyone that isn't black) anyway. He probably should kill himself.

carrie

I was working on the set of the Best Man Holiday....Terrence didn't seem suicidal at all. In fact, he was laughing and joking around with the crew and staff the whole time he was on set. He's a very nice man.

garwilly

I don't trust tmz...$25,000 to cover the damage of a laptop, really?!

maria

This guys has such a BIG EGO is more bigger than his head really.....this women married this poor souls thinking just because they are rich and famous they are the ideal men ,yeah really? this people are s***bag ,ghetto ,who became famous but class I don't think so! they belong together really! they usually marry the gold diggers !

This_is_Jay_All_Day

"You know its hard out here for a Pimp!!"

John Westfield

If Mrs.Ghent is only able to turn this guy into a self hating minor being, this whole story sounds like a emotional warfare. Even if this guy had 6 girls ringing him up, he was looking for love and friendship, not hate. The question arouses why she couldnt satisfy his needs anymore? Why a giggolo always has to be hated as if this was law remains mysterious.

Dee

As much as I dislike this man as an actor....an will go without seeing a movie if he's in it....her story doesn't sound right to me

Vince

So why did you stop him. If he is so unbalanced that he wants to kill himself then let him. The world would be better off without these nutcases I dont care who they are...

cindy

So, did he say that he was almost aborted 44 yrs. ago?

candy cane55

Howard you much to FINE and have accomplished way to much to go down towards a ugly women as her!!! Dude cut her line and get it together. You my one fan I have always enjoyed your movies your smile!!! Come to Kauai and I well hook u up so I can be happy again. Love you Howard xxoo♡♥

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2