Simon Cowell

'I'm Gonna Be a Good Dad'

9/6/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090613_simon_cowell_launchSimon Cowell tells TMZ ... he knows he's going to be a "good dad" -- but there's just one problem, SC admits he's clueless when it comes to shopping for a kid.

Simon hit up Planet Dailies LA at The Grove yesterday in his massive Rolls-Royce -- when he told us he's "excited" about his baby with girlfriend Lauren Silverman ... saying, "I'm gonna be a good father."

But when we asked if he planned to pick up a few items for his fetus, the 53-year-old replied, ... "No. I don't know how to baby shop."

Don't worry ... we gave him a few pointers.

Azi

I hope so, because you're a lousy friend.

npsconnie

LMAO! He's much too selfish. He'll be a good dad for the photo ops and as long as all he has to do is write a check. Wait until a better piece comes along...

lil-twisted

Please. You're gonna be a ********.

Lucy

He'll love it--it will be his "mini me".

jackmama311

already a jackass.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Aside to Simon: There's a bit more to being a good dad than giving the kid a cuddle when you're in town between business ventures. I'm not going to win any prizes but I'm a good dad too, like my dad was. I was entitled to nothing but found out that some of my dad's biggest pride in me was in my accomplishments personally and professionally. I own a business. I'm so thankful none of my kids are interested in my business but none of them would have carte blanche to it, had they been interested. They have all had to work hard in school and in life, and they have all done pretty well with themselves without the fancy cars, the mega-millions, jet-setting lifestyles, and rubbing elbows with celebrities at every turn. Oh yeah, and no hordes of paps dogging their every move.

I think I'm the more fortunate father between the two of us and my children are definately more fortunate.

IZS

Ya, but you were a crap friend....

baby

i hope your a better dad than you were a friend!!!!

Mitch

At least the kid won't go hungry. Simon can supplement with his manboobs.

BlackStallion

I don't doubt he'll be a good dad. With all his money, he and Lauren will have tons of nannies to care for this child. They will probably send him to boarding school. Simon you weren't such a good friend to your good friend Andrew Silverman. Lauren's a hoe and will be looking for the next rich man to bang once she realizes you have no real interest in her except to birth out that baby. I think it's best for Simon to just stop talking to the press already. Keep quiet. Have that baby and go away.

Ozzie X

fix your hair and nose.

liveguy12

He'll be a good Dad!

JimmyB

I use RADARONLINE--They don't have "TECHINCAL DIFFICULTIES".

JM

One man's trash is another man's treasure. No, one man's clever, one knows no better.

Mahoffer

Just what every baby needs: Some pompous dickbag critiquing the color of their ****.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments