« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

I Don't Have a Crack Problem

9/10/2013 9:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Lamar Odom says he's absolutely NOT a drug addict ... doesn't need professional help ... and is confident he'll play in the NBA next season.

He's wrong on all 3 counts.

33-year-old Odom went to Teru Sushi in Studio City last night ... and after taking some photos with fans, he finally addressed the media about drug issues in his life ... claiming everything is hunky-dory.

Problem is ... Odom is clearly in denial. As we've previously reported, just about everyone in his life -- personally and professionally -- knows about his battle with substance abuse, including his wife Khloe Kardashian.

In the last year alone, Lamar's been thrown out of hotels ... busted for DUI ... spent time in rehab ... and dropped from multiple NBA teams.

Still, Lamar insists ... "Life is good."

0910_lamar_wandering_streets_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

greengrabber

I FOLLOW TMZ, I CANT STAND HARVEY HIKING UP HIS PANTS.....IS HE GAY? NOT ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT.....
LAMAR SEEMS FINE, IM NOT INTERESTED IN HIM OR
KARDASHIANS.
GOING TO RAW FEED.......

Karvey Kardashian

I'm grateful they no longer post this many stories about Mel Gibson's ex Oxsluta, and it's the only reason that I haven't been complaining about this crap.

lovelyladylumps

He is in denial like addicts who end up dead because they don't want to admit the addiction is more powerful than them.He wants to believe HE is in control of it not the other way around.He doesn't want to quit either.I pray something gets through to him

hawkeye

And another thing....he doesn't owe back taxes! Where is his publicist? Whoever he/she is needs to do some serious character damage control and how long before someone puts in a call to Dr Drew? Come on TMZ~stop brow beating the guy

verlinda

How come no pics. You had pics of Miley with a bong, Justin with a bong. You would think someone would have pics to sell to TMZ..hummm

Cajunlady

Lamar.....come on man get your **** together so all these dirty crack whores will quit talking ****. You are an awesome bb player and a great guy....party is over....now time to get back on track.....

Travelpk

Can't believe he gave into that proof that drugs don't discriminate they take you like a little bitch!!

Deco

In the beginning it's social and fun, after awhile you realize you want to stop but can't . For me the only people that knew were the dealers and the hookers. I kept that secret for 20 years finally quitting after trying hundreds of times in July 2009 @ 59 years old. The straight high is sweet.!

jimi

yeah... crack has an Odom problem

Supreme_intellect

The guy is just trying to stay positive so that he won't go completly over the edge (i.e. suicide)

Sometimeseverything

I like this guy. I don't know the truth yet I just know what different people are saying and while there may be some truth to what tmz is saying, and who knows, maybe completely true, we just don't know yet. However, if we weren't clouded with the rumors and accusations about Lamar, and you just saw this video clip, I don't think most of us would think "drugs", especially crack. We see what we want to see but there aren't that many signs or red flags of a man on a cocaine binge. I'm a licensed therapist who has worked with addicts and recovery for the past 15 years and we just aren't seeing enough to make a proper assessment. The weight loss is a potential flag, but weight loss is a symptom of number of things. It could just as easily be stress. And lets be clear, I may be totally wrong and this guy is an active abuser but Id hate to see someone's life ruined like this if it wasn't the case. As for him being up all night, that could be a flag also but like before, could also be us looking for a way to make what we want to think, true. This whole thing just feels so messy and fishy and I can't figure out where the truth is and what is agenda ridden by the folks who want to create a specific storyline. Its a little strange that he has been so reluctant to address the accusations in the media.

J

I'm sorry but someone who is on the straight and narrow and accused of doing drugs would have addressed these rumors immediately. There is no way you would allow your career and reputation to be tarnished by lies. He clearly has a problem but is trying to handle it his own way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In the mean time I hope he gets out of whatever issues he's having

gossip addict

His dad I m pretty sure is an addict. This is just another case of family addiction. As much dislike as he has shown towards his father you would think he would stop the cycle and get help. You can tell what kind of dad he is too. You never see him with his kids.

gypsygirl

who"s your sources? if he says he's not on crack and there is zero proof he's on crack then drop the crack story! NOBODY has came forward to confirm this on the record, just my opinion but stop it!! 2 weeks ago tmz was SO SURE it was oxys and ambien

DogsRule

SAD, hope he gets the help he needs before it's too late!