« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar De La Hoya

I'm Back In Rehab

9/10/2013 12:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910-oscar-de-la-hoya-tmzOscar De La Hoya has just checked himself back into a rehab facility ... two years after completing a stint in treatment for cocaine and alcohol.

De La Hoya revealed the news in a statement to the media, explaining why he won't be ringside during the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight this weekend, one of the biggest fights ever put on by his Golden Boy Promotions company.

"I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility," De La Hoya said.

"I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and longterm recovery from my disease must come first."

"Thank you for your understanding. I ask for your support and privacy during this difficult time for me and my family."

Oscar checked into rehab back in 2011 -- and in a previous interview said, "My drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol."

0831_golden_boy_oscar_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Icanjoketoo

Buen suerte!!

Hot Chocolate

Oscar- you have to beat it. You can't go out like that. You saw what Macho Commacho went through. No excuses.

Truth Be Told

Truth Be Told

FYI: Just so everyone knows - There is someone who is cloning me (and a lot of other people) and is posting on all the boards. If you don't believe me - click on his avatar and then mine you will see for yourself. This person steals other people's avatar's and nick names then hides behind a proxy server and posts on all the boards. Beware: This person may very easily clone you also! So Heads Up!!

John2700

It seems that Oscar de la Hoya went from being the golden boy to become the rotten boy!

John2700

It seems that Oscar the La Hoya went from golden boy to rotten boy!

Minnetonka40

Addiction is a horrible thing..a battle that is lifelong.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3