Zac Efron

Rehab For

Big Coke Problem

9/18/2013 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0917-zac-efron-getty
Zac Efron
did NOT go to rehab for alcohol abuse -- it was far more serious, because multiple sources tell TMZ he had a serious cocaine addiction.

Zac completed his stint in rehab earlier this year.  We're told the problem spiraled out of control during the filming of Seth Rogen's movie "Neighbors," which was shot during a narrow time frame beginning in April.

Sources tell us Zac -- who also starred in the movie -- was a no-show on a number of days.  As one source connected with the film tells us, "It was common knowledge he was struggling with cocaine."

Three other sources confirm ... Zac's problem was rooted in cocaine, but say he also dabbled in Molly -- a pure form of Ecstasy, and a popular drug in clubs and raves.

We're told ... early this year, Zac and some friends went on a coke rager in a room at the SkyLofts at the MGM Grand in Vegas ... and caused around $50k in damage. No word on who took care of the bill.

We contacted Zac's rep ... she said, "Don't think we'll be making a comment."

0917_zac_efron_seth_rogen_neighbors_set_splash_v3

0917_zac_efron_through_footer_v4

LunarJunk

Damn this is a shocker to me. He looks so normal. Smh hope he can beat this addiction.

M

To me I thought Zac was doing fine. But not everyone who becomes famous can handle all pressure. Hollywood, it can be a curse

todd lee

Hahahaha..what a idiot

squeakermama

Oh no! Really hope this guy can kick it because I think he's a great actor that has such a bright future ahead of him! Best wishes for a clean recovery.

Djspeede1

I wanna lick his taint

Bonnie quinto

Stars have it to easy in court, Justice Systems, just slaps them on the hand...and they just do it again then they die.....I don't feel bad for them. Put their money to good use, feed our hungry, build a house for the homeless.....I dumb actors! I don't feel sorry for ANY of them.

Metta Worldhate

How is it a problem? Maybe he's just got a good life? He seems to be doing alright? Maybe you all have a jealousy problem?

Melly

Thats because Disney is evil.

EnquirerLover

WTF is happening over at Disney?? Terrible terrible role models they are producing! And just looking at this photo of this kids eyes, tells me this story is true. But im sure I'll get the full scoop from my buddies at the number one magazine IN THE WORLD! The National Enquirer. And I have a great idea for their next cover story. "Disney stars where are they now"?

Bug

What a kick in the gut for his late mom.

Luna

I'm not shocked by many celebs going to rehab but this is a shocker.

♥TMZ but ...

oh this is just hype and bull**** to give him a bad boy image

randomnone

Lamar breathes a sigh of relief. TMZ has a new pet project to stalk, although I doubt they will stalk Zacquisha the way they stalk black celebs. What, no condescending language in this article? Oh TMZ why are yoou so transpararent. yes you Harvelia

Blue Lake

Guess he won't be promoting that stinker Parkland.

duilama

Zaqc has to count his blessing in a lot of ways. One of them is that he had never met Michael Jackson while he was under 15. Otherwise he would have been invited to his bed (and of course molested)!!!