Cee Lo Green

Judgment Week

D.A. Decides Whether to Prosecute

10/8/2013 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1006_cee-lo-green_tmz
The LAPD is busy writing up a detailed report that will determine whether Cee Lo Green is prosecuted for date rape ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... a woman accused the singer of spiking her drink with ecstasy at a Downtown L.A. sushi joint last year.  She claimed the next thing she remembered was waking up in a bed naked with Cee Lo in the room.

She also claimed to have a recording of Cee Lo repeatedly apologizing and referencing MDMA ... although sources close to the singer called BS.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, LAPD detectives submitted the case to the L.A. County D.A. but prosecutors were not satisfied with the evidence and kicked the case back to the cops for further investigation. The re-investigation has taken months ... we're told more than 5.

As for what additional info the D.A. wanted ... we're hearing two things. First they wanted additional toxicology information on what, if any, drugs were found in the woman's system.

Our law enforcement sources say the process of screening for various drugs often takes months because different labs perform different tests.  And the process is also very expensive.

We're also told cops may have been looking for additional witnesses to break the he-said/she-said stalemate.  Sources close to Cee Lo remain adamant ... the woman's allegations are NOT true.

Our sources say when the report is written, the LAPD will personally present it to the D.A.'s office -- that should either happen late this week or the following.

One well-placed law enforcement source tells TMZ it's doubtful the D.A. have the goods to prosecute Cee Lo.

1008_cee_lo_through_the_years_footer

SoManyIdiots

This incident and his F@$k You song show what a class act he is. Won't be watching The Voice either.

$pin66

oMG! Willy Wonka's little helper got away!!.. oh they re is being creepy in restaurant with girls.

beth

I thought he was gay.

Patti

Cee-Lo is a little creepy. He asked me out repeatedly one evening in Atl some years back and when I declined he started yelling at me. I was floored.

Truth

FAT DOOSH IS GUILTY... D-BAG IS ALWAYS OGGLING OVER THE CHIC CONTESTANTS ON THE VOICE. #TRUTH!!

Noho730

He has a maaaajor entitlement problem. He definetely has the potential to rape a woman. I dated him in college. Yes, he was already famous. I was not prepared for a sexual relationship with him so I turned him down for sex. In response he angrily called me a poor whore (I was in college!). He then forcefully throw my keys at me, and pushed me out of the apartment in the middle of the night. I guess because he knew me for maybe a year he kicked me out instead of raping me. I will never forget that night. It is still difficult for me to have a relationship with a man...Your actions always come back threefold. Hahahaha, I hope they bury you.... you mean little fat ****!

Sincerely,

Hope

SusanInFlorida

Hey, get off his case! If he did it, then they will file charges. I think the woman is full of bull and is looking for a quick payday. Cee Lo has money and that's what she's after!

Ron Fing Swanson

This guy is a fat weirdo. He has the look of guy that if he was not famous he would be on dateline or some random tv report about date rape. Btw why is he famous?

Nancy

God. He is so ugggggly.

EatMe

A man with a history of torturing animals is not above raping a woman. He sees everything and everyone as fair game for his twisted gratification

Oval Beach

Can you imagine waking up in bed with THAT beast? Ewwww....waking up with Cee lo in bed ain't a treat either...i betcha.

Chucky Mapoo

Gnomes are randy

Chucky Mapoo

On a scale of 100 that this will be prosecuted...
... 0% chance of going to court
... 100% money talks
... 100% Celebrity Justice!

kitnplayn

DO SOCIETY A FAVOUR AND THROW THIS CHUMP'S FAT ASS IN JAIL. HE THINKS HIS MONEY BUYS HIM A FREE PASS TO CONTROL WOMEN. HE IS THE MAIN PLAYER RESPONSIBLE FOR MENTORING JUSTIN BIEBER, SO YOU CAN SEE WHY THE KID IS SO SERIOUSLY MESSED UP.

Desiretw

What a coincidence now that The Voice is back on air with Cee Lo that this pops up again. The wholeeeee season prior to this one and then some, we didn't hear a peep about it. Yall stay trying to screw up people's image. What are you really "working" for?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments