Charlie Hunnam

Bails on 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie

10/12/2013 12:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1012-charlie-hunnam-50-shades-of-grey

Sorry ladies ... Charlie Hunnam has just dropped out of the big screen adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" -- and it's all because of his role on "Sons of Anarchy."

According to reports ... the decision was made because Hunnam wasn't able to "adequately prepare" for the role due to his "immersive" TV schedule.

Makes sense, since filming was supposed to begin on the movie later this month -- but just days ago Hunnam was talking up how seriously he had been taking the role ... so it's pretty surprising.

Ian Somerhalder, your move.

Kelly

He made a great decision by walking away from this going-to-be-a-turkey movie based on a crappy book for frigid housewives.

cupid

Thank God-I was thinking he was committing career suicide

Destonia

I don't care for Charlie anyway... I think James Scott from Days of our Lives would be a perfect Christian Grey..

Demi

I could not see this albino doing it anyways.

livie865

This is not happening!! I'm the biggest fan of sons of anarchy, but this would have been huge for his career! No one could have played that role better.. I don't even want to watch the movie now! BBBBOOO!

melanielanderson@live.com

I think he's full of bs because of all the bad press he got for taking on the role in fifty shades grey.

Kel

I may be able to forgive him if he releases a nude photo for all of us ladies !!! Lol

sblal1

Nooooooooo!!!

EnquirerLover

Didn't read the book but from the impression I get from those who read it. I see someone like Jake G, Leo, Ryan G, Josh H. Or even the masters themselves Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke! This movie will flop without a professional approach. Everyone needs to be as comfortable in these roles as possible. Although everyone serves a chance. These roles require experience to capture the image people have of this drama. If it's castes bad, it could come off has a b list bomb.

YorkieLuv

I have 50 reasons to be happy that I don't have to read that book now, bc he was the only reason why I would have gone to see it at all.

I would take SOA over this movie any day !!

melanielanderson@live.com

seriously I'm one of one of the people that didn't read the book but I am sorry I made the comment because I don't even know this person is.

justagirlinmelbourne

This role was made for Ian Somerhalder

jaye

I think they know there will be bad press pretty much for anyone who gets that role. There was lot of hate from the Twilight book fans when Pattinson got the Edward part. So, I don't think that way why he quit. I think he's too busy and his MALE friends gave him a good talking too or teased him relentlessly about it.
I don't get why grown women think it was romantic for Christian to treat the dumb assl girl the way he did. There are a lot of women as fvcked up as Christian out there if that's what they call love. He was an abuser. His ass should have been in jail. I only read excerpts from the books and it's laughable. Good on the author on becoming a millionaire off of it, but I just wouldn't know how to write something that bad. Hell, I wish I could for the money lol, but no. Anastasia or whatever was as stupid as they come.

Karvey Kardashian

This season of SoA has had many episodes that go well over an hour, and some as long as 90 minutes. Kurt Sutter has said that next season is the last one, so he is trying to get more into the remainimg episodes. That will require more work for all those involved. I wonder if that has anything to do with the decision? It could also be the fact that the book was written by a middle aged woman who wrote fan fiction for the Twilight series. I will never read the book, because I'm not a frigid housewife who has more sex with a romance novel and myself. I actually prefer to enjoy an actively imaginative sex life, and I don't need help from an elderly Twihard.

LL

NOOOOOOOOOOO--- omg no! I have been imagining him in that role while reading! He is SO hot- this is SOOO depressing. Ian is short and not REMOTELY in charlie's league. What a depressing turn of events lol