Pharrell to Will.i.am

Give It Up, Bitch

You're Nothin Like Me

10/14/2013 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011-pharrell-will-i-am
The gloves are off in Pharrell WIlliams' trademark war with Will.i.am -- Pharrell now says Will.i.am is DREAMING if he thinks he's up to the "Get Lucky" singer's level ... because he's not even close.

As we reported, Will.i.am filed a lawsuit against Pharrell over the trademark "I Am" ... after Pharrell attempted to stake his claim on a YouTube channel called "I Am Other."

In his docs, Will.i.am suggested users might get confused over the "I Am" name because he and Pharrell have both "achieved great distinction" in the hip hop world, each releasing mega hits ... and working with the industry's top professionals.

But Pharrell has fired back ... saying that's utter BS ... Will.i.am hasn't achieved the same distinction at all. As a result, Pharrell argues there would be zero confusion about who's really behind the "I Am Other" channel.

What's more, Pharrell says Will.i.am's track record for copyright infringement is embarrassing ... saying Will.i.am's been a defendant in nearly a dozen infringement lawsuits (including song stealing).

For these reasons, Pharrell wants Will.i.am's lawsuit thrown out of court ... so he can use the phrase "I Am Other" with zero repercussions. He also wants Will.i.am to pay for his lawyers.

Will.i.am's rep had no comment.

JJ

I think Dr Seuss should sue, says Sam I am.

Crazy Cat Lady

"JJ - I think Dr Seuss should sue, says Sam I am." LOL! Yes!

Don't stop there, though Will.i.am - you also need to sue the God, quoted here in Exodus 3:14 - "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM..." Homeboy said it way before you were ever born, son!

You'd better sue Popeye, too - that whole "I Yam What I Yam" thing, you know.

Get busy!

zaxxon

Pharrell rules!!

static

Two lightweights nobody cares.

Lauren

Been a fan of Pharrell for ten years now. Definitely the more talented of the two.
William, (I refuse to say it the ridiculous way he does) got lucky in a band, that's it. His songs all sounds the same, synthesized and crap.

JL

SAM IS SUING BOTH OF YOU.

GREEN EGGS & HAM ANYONE?

darkhorse91

Will, get over yourself.

NOT ELMO

Pharrell to Will.i.am
Give It Up, Bitch
You're Nothin Like Me.................i hear they are lovers

mwen

What a dumb lawsuit

Nickylala

William (i also refuse to say it like him) is such a giant D-bag. Seriously you loser go make one of your ridiculous cars that you'll be selling for pennies on the dollar in a few years to fight bankruptcy. No talent @$$ clown, your music sucks. such garbage that will be forgotten. Im not some huge pharrel fan, but at least the dude actually has talent, way out of his league

Monksolo

Ken Tucky

Lou Isiana

Mary Land

Mic Higan

Missi Ssippi

Nev Ada

Just choose one of these stupid names instead.

DumbingDown

Blacks and their Grand Canyon egos.

joy

Team pharell

Italia

Both are great songwriters. Pharrell wrote that bad azz movie scores to "Despicable Me" movies and Will.I.Am wrote the movie scores to the "Madagascar" movies. Both geniuses.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments