« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bill Russell

ARRESTED

For Packin' Heat at Airport

10/19/2013 12:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1019_bill_russell_gettty
Legendary NBA player Bill Russell was arrested for taking a loaded gun through airport security.

The 11-time NBA champ was breezing through security at Sea-Tac International Airport in Seattle Wednesday ... when a screener noticed something funny in his carry-on.  Turns out ... Bill was packin' a fully loaded, .38 caliber Smith & Wesson handgun.

He could be fined up to $7,500.

Russell -- who became the first Black coach in the NBA -- got the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2011, courtesy of Barack Obama.

We reached out to Russell for comment ... so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jah36

So it seems as though he got the Medal of Freedom simply because he's black. Any other NBA coaches get a Medal of Freedom? That may be the case, I don't know. But what I do know is that Obama reveals his racism every so often...he just can't help himself. If he gave this man a Medal of Freedom simply because he's a "brother", well then, that's racist.

Azi

He must have been flying to Chicago.

Scout

Love him!

HngBlkBtm

He's old... He forgot.

Marilyn

Wow ... just went through Seattle security at the airport myself. I'm sure glad it wasn't when this happened!!

static

Damned tea-bagger gun nut.

Buckaroobonzai

anyone that becomes so complacent about a fire arm that they forget they even have it... well, 1) it should be permanently confiscated, 2) they should be labeled as a dangerous idiot who should not be allowed around children, 3) they should be publically shamed by every news station in the nation, 4) They should publically admit that they are a danger to society.

Buckaroobonzai

and ofcourse you have to ask, "Why do you carry a gun if you don't even know you have it?

Toilethead

What a dumbass.

Ey76

Just wondering where the president was when Chris Lane was killed by 3 black kids "for fun... I guess Chris couldn't have been "his son"....

Lily Daisy

He obviously has delusions of grandeur after having been singled out by "the one". Or perhaps he thinks that he is free to carry a loaded gun on a plane (can you even begin to believe it?!) because he did get the Medal Of Freedom award! LOL

dierdre

I met Bill Russell a few years back when I was a car rental agent in Boston, & I can tell you that he was the most bias S.O.B. I've ever met. He was very rude when people would ask him for his autograph. He thought he was better than anyone else. Couldn't stand him then, can't now. I'm so happy he got arrested.

Stokanator

Oh man that ships racist, ya'll know if he was white they totally would have just let him take that gun on that plane!!!

D

You go, Bill!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred Farkel

As an old fart myself - I will tell you that you simply just forget stuff.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments