« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Stephon Marbury

Coughs Up $340k to Ex-Mistress

Here's Your Damn Hush Money

10/20/2013 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0917-stephon-marbury-tmz
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury has officially gotten his bitter ex-mistress off his back -- and all it cost him was nearly a million dollars in hush money payments ... TMZ has learned.

As we reported, Marbury and Thurayyah Mitchell -- the personal chef he banged in 2006 while he was married -- had a legal agreement she would keep quiet about the affair, if he coughed up $900,000.

Problem is ... Marbury stopped paying around the $600,000 mark. So Mitchell dragged him to court earlier this year, and a judge ordered him to pay off his tab, or face losing his assets.

According to new court docs, Marbury has now paid the full outstanding debt of $341,153 and all's square once and for all.

To review: Marbury bought $900k  worth of silence over an affair everyone now knows about.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MJ

Thurayyah...yikes! If you have to make up names when you have kids, could you at least make it SOUND pretty?

lastrebel

I thought Bribery was illegal ?

stu

Who says the courts r a joke? Keep it Ghetto fab folks!

nof

Black male.

speekintruth

Since paying for sex is his thing - I would say this guy is pretty stupid.
At $200 per pop, you can get some amazing women on backpage. He paid $900,000.
So, he could have had is privacy, with no drama - and he could have done it with 4,500 different hot prostitutes.

mary

sounds like blackmail to me. she should have been charged. if it was me i would just fess up and take punishment before i would let someone blackmail me.

Pimpcessa

Isn't that considered extortion?

Pimpcessa

I guess it's only considered "extortion or blackmail" if a lawyer ISN'T INVOLVED.

Frannyfour

I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HIM...I HOPE THAT WAS THE BEST AZZ HE HAD EVER BANGED BECAUSE THAT WAS VERY EXPENSIVE AND I BET HIS MARRIAGE IS TRUELY SUFFERING AS A RESULT OF THIS...WHAT A DOUCHE BAG AND THE CHIC ISN'T ANYBETTER!!!!

Joao

I'm joining the rest of the thinking people posting. That sounds like straight up EXTORTION to me. I realize if an attorney initiates the same, it's called an "arrangement" similar to when a doctor murders a baby it's called an "abortion".
Words, the laws, America and most importantly...
MONEY

KicksandGiggles

LMAO!!!! Hey Moron Marbury - NOBODY'S pink is worth almost a million. Oh, thats right - nobody is supposed to know how stupid you are. Shhhhh!!!!

Brenda

When it comes to money, Rappers & Ballers are the dumbest in the game! They blow $$ on $h!t they could probably get for free. In my Fred Sanford voice; " You Big Dummy!"

His wife is on BBW and she's a Big Airhead Dummy too! Please tell me that Dumb Stephon and His Dumb wife don't have any Little Dumb-Azz Offsprings in the world? Oh noooo!!!

Brite

If only all the NFL and NBA stars would realize their banging is going to cost them at some point. SMH
They would be better off not trying to act as the big man...just hire a hooker in the first place and be done with it. Yet even then there is that risk and more.

Dead account Delete at will

That's a 900k hooker.. LMAO what a fool he is AND he didn't even knock her up. He has got to go down as the single stupidest person ever. and his Hooker mistress is the highest paid ho.
Im sure women are opening their legs for this douche wanting a mil dollar payday

notalawyer