'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood

RELEASED FROM PRISON

I'm Pretty Hungry

11/4/2013 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1104-amber-portwood-inf
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood was just released from an Indiana prison ... almost a year-and-a-half after she begged a judge to put her behind bars ... and now she's ready to eat.

Amber was initially sentenced to 5 years in the big house for violating probation in her drug possession case.

The judge had given Amber the choice of going to a drug rehab program instead of prison -- but Amber decided she would rather serve time than do the program.

Now, we've learned the 24-year-old MTV star -- who began her sentence in June 2012 -- was released Monday morning (only 17 months into her sentence).

We're told Portwood was granted early release due to good behavior, time served and the fact that she completed two unspecified prison courses while serving her time.

She walked out of the prison today wearing a grey sweatsuit ... and a smile ... and says the first thing she wants to do as a free woman is "go get something good to eat."

rizzzz

She was off drugs, got 3 squares a day. That will fatten an addict up. Good luck to her, I wish her the best!

Nancy

The first she wants to do is something OTHER THAN SEE HER KID????? Wow, whatta great mom.

Stephanie

Wow, what a bunch of negative people!

I hope she turns herself around and uses this experience as a lesson. Maybe she will go on to do better things with her life; if not for herself then for her daughter! Good luck Amber! I hope you succeed!

Suzi

No wonder we haven't seen her train wreck ass for while... I wonder how her baby is doing? And that can't be right... She's not 24 years old is she?

Fred Farkel

My god. What man would EVER lay up next to that thing...

Mike

Amber was teaching other inmates anger management skills? LOL!

It took prison for her to get her GED, and now she wants to go to college. Couldn't manage to obtain a GED without being locked up 24/7 by the state, but college she'll tackle on her own. Well good luck to Amber. I hope she goes on to live a wonderful life - in which I never have to hear of her again.

rlemons

For all you negative *******s on here!- I give Amber credit for realizing that she lost and that doing another typical rebate stint wasn't gonna help and she was gonna fail once again. She needed to be locked up to save her life. So for that I give her credit. Hopefully she got all the help she needs and can start down the right path.

lexi

I was impressed. She may be finally turning her life around. Hopefully , for her daughter's sake -- she has.

Boston

oh surprise that fat ugly bitch his hungry! shocker!

Joe Cable

They were putting cameras in the ride they were in. guess MTV is going to do a after show with her

Gemma

Her first priority should have been her child not something good to eat.

dale12

Amber please do not get back involved with your baby's Daddy! Gary is a total a-hole!

Ron

That fat selfish pig should have done her entire time. Eat? Not see my child first? I hope you bleeding heart liberal bitches out there swing open your god damn ****ing doors to this white trash & let her sleep in your trailer. Guarantee you this, she'll be ****ing your old man while you're at work in no time.

Sunsetat6

Some "good" to eat = a dozen donuts

Randraya

dang people didn't you hear her say she didn't get to see her to later on that night. I'm sure the little girl has a schedule that they don't want to disrupt. Sounded like she was gonna go grab something to eat to kill time

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments