Tom Cruise

I Never 'Abandoned' Suri

Defends Parenting Skills in Lawsuit

11/6/2013 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105_tom_cruise_suri_cruise_Article_Getty

Tom Cruise is declaring he's a damn good dad to Suri ... opening up for the first time about his divorce from Katie Holmes and how it affected his relationship with his daughter.

Cruise just filed docs in his $50 million lawsuit against the publisher of "Life & Style" and "In Touch" magazines for cover stories that claimed he "abandoned" Suri after divorcing Katie in June 2012.

In the docs, Cruise says ... "I have in no way cut Suri out of my life -- whether physically, emotionally, financially or otherwise."

He goes on to cite specific times he saw his daughter in person in the months following the divorce, and says ... "even during the times when I was working overseas and was not able to see Suri in person, we were (and continue to be) extremely close."

The docs are pretty revealing ... since Tom has said next to nothing publicly about the divorce from Katie.

Cruise admits he was busy shooting 2 movies when "In Touch" ran its headline, "Abandoned by Daddy" -- however he says, "As my numerous emails with Suri's mother during this time period demonstrate, I was a constant presence in Suri's life."

Tom's declaration continues ... "While I'm sure my daughter misses me when I am not with her (as I miss her), she is a very happy child, and we have a wonderful relationship and cheerful phone calls."

1106_TOM_SURI_daddy_daughter_footer

Dead@27

And he calls himself an Operating Thetan.

oink

Problems of the Rich and Foolish

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

"We have cheerful phone calls." That doesn't sound fake at all.

Dead account Delete at will

I thought their rule was clear. When you left Scientology when the person leaves even if its family that person is shunned by the church and its people. That would include Katie and your daughter Tom. You don't get special church privileges do you Tom?

namers

I haven't seen a photo with them together in I don't know how long.

billybob

Tom' nose is getting bigger and bigger...

♥TMZ but ...

is the name Suri short for surrogate?

Ruby Testarossa

I am so sick of those lying headlines on those lying magazines. I hope he kicks their a$$ in court.

rob

Well he ought to get a taste of his own medicine after he brainwashed the kids he had with Kidman and basically keeping them away from her. Kate or whatever his ex-wife name is should keep Suri away from him.

samael

Tom Cruise is doing this old school...rags get away with alot of crap and stroll along as if it is their right to humiliate and trash a stranger to them.

Good for Tom Cruise, rags suck loads and should pay for their irresponsible bull. awesome reading material for the daughter..awesome

jrm523

Wow...phone calls. I bet when Suri is a grown up, she'll be able to recall those "phone calls"... wow... nothing scream absentee parent more than Tom Cruise. Also, for him to think THAT'S good parenting... wow!

Tarington

Now I can get on with my life because I was paralyzed emotionally because I was constantly worrying whether or not Cruise was a good parent to Suri after all these months after the divorce. LOL

StevenB

Let's be honest, Tom Cruise not being a part of her life is the kindest thing he could ever do for her as a parent.

Chelsea

"cheerful phone calls"

Yeah right. I am sure she will cherish them.

nof

Continue to live with Purpose and Dignity, T.C.

Listen to none of them, none of it...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments