Mariah Carey

BLASTS 'AMERICAN IDOL'

It Was Like Working In Hell!!!

11/14/2013 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Mariah Carey says she HATED being a judge on "American Idol" -- claiming everyday it was like "working in hell with Satan."

Carey never mentioned Nicki Minaj by name during the explosive interview with Hot 97 in NYC yesterday ... but it's clear who she was talking about since their feud was no secret.

Carey -- who made $18 mil for her 1st season on the show -- says she was duped by producers who told her she was going to sit on a 3-person panel ... and when they added Minaj as a 4th judge, things quickly spiraled out of control.

"It was like hell ... going to work every day in hell with Satan," Carey said.

We broke the story ... Minaj and Carey fought right from the start -- and in their most famous spat, the rapper told producers, "I'm not f**kin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

So, guess no Christmas duet??

0530_mariah_carey_idol_footer

Raarrr

It great to have high self esteem, but she thinks way too much of herself and she isn't even nice to look at! puke!

Observer

$18 MILLION for a year and it was like working with Satan??
Kinda like doing a tour of duty in Afghanistan?
You BIG ELITIST BABY

AreUCrazy

Why do the rich and famous think their 'job' is so difficult? Are their ego's that huge and are they so delusional that they think sitting around and talking for a few hours a day is really a stressful situation?
I mean shyte.. for 18 million for a few weeks of sitting on my ass just to judge other people.. I'll sit with ANYONE .. I don't care who, I don't care what they say about me.. I don't care what verbal abuse I have to endure... Sign me up and give me $18 million and I'll still have a smile on my face while someone is making snide remarks.
These celebrities have no clue what it's like in the real world.. I mean between Mariah and Tom bitchin about how tough their jobs are.. give me a break!

jane

I think Carey maybe overstated the way she made THAT much money, I really have problems when people making millions into the billions complain about ANYTHING!! I mean really? What I will say is the quality of voices does go to Mariah, she has a hell of a voice and I must be honest I had never heard of the Niki(?) then I listened to her rap, or whatever you want to call it, she is not so good, she should have been paying them to be on the show, she is a ugly person inside and it flows on out. No one in the kind of economy we have these days deserve so much money , no CEO's no Gates, no one is worth it, so please don't complain about movie star wages any of you. The voice however is Mariah, who doesn't know that.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Watching her fat stupid ass on tv was like hell for me, so....

8amarya

did she just say ex-cetra ?

Dan

Cant say I blame her. Nicki Minaj in a nasty, no talent, disgusting, pile of ghetto trash. I would be afraid of what I might catch just sitting next to her.

NOT ELMO

MARIAH CAREY HAS BEAUTY AND TALENT, THE SAME CAN NOT BE SAID ABOUT THE ROACH NICKI MINAJ...

Black Adam

18 million to sit in a chair and talk with a man voice........sounds like the perfect job to me

JC

May we all have to got to work in that "Hell" situation. 18 Million a year and you have the nerve to complain? How much will you give to charity you spoiled skank?

Oshhhh

Go die Mariah. Come back to f*cking Earth b*tch.

beautiful37

Mariah just jealous & scared that Nick would stop pass and peep at all that ass ( don't forget he is still a brother ) but with 18 million, Mariah, can buy an ever bigger one

IceGypsy

Wah Wah Wah...Bitch you made $18 for a few weeks sitting on your ass telling people they look pretty. Get over yourself.

Dawn

Nicki Minaj is an embarassment. She lives in blond wigs and contact lenses. Please come back Lauryn Hill.

John

MARIAH CAREY is right: working is hell. It's never the "job" itself, but the *******s that you have to "get along" with in order to do your job. 98% of the times, it's *******s that makes jobs hell. It's rarely the work.

I never really knew Nicki Minaj, but after the brief moments I peeped of American Idol with her, I don't want to know her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2