Zac Efron

No 911 Call

After Jaw Break

11/14/2013 6:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1114-zac-efron
Zac Efron broke his jaw and gashed his face in what people say was a violent fall in his house after slipping in a puddle of water ... yet there was NO 911 call.

TMZ checked with law enforcement sources and no one called 911 to report any incident on Sunday -- when the injury occurred.  We checked the days prior to and after Sunday as well -- No 911 call.

The mishap is puzzling for sure.  Zac has been in rehab twice this year for cocaine abuse.  He's also had problems with Molly and we're told staying sober has been a struggle.

It's unclear how Zac made his way to the ER ... but given that the injury was so severe his mouth had to be wired shut ... it's bizarre it didn't warrant a 911 emergency.

0917_zac_efron_through_footer_v4

Miara

Who cares TMZ?! Always attempting to put a negative spin on everybody you cover.

jane

oh Please! he probably had a friend rive him. I broke my foot and drove myself to the hospital, it is too expensive to call 911 to send an ambulance. That is for emergency only!!

fluffygrrrl

More than likely, he is getting plastic surgery on his jaw to give him a more masculine look. We'll see what he looks like after.

Mumra the Ever Living

So the moron who writes this is confused because a man who broke his jaw didn't make a 911 call?
HEY EINSTEIN . . . perhaps the man just didn't want you idiots posting his phone call on your trash site. Or maybe, he was actually coherent enough to have someone drive him to the hospital. Wait, oh shock of shocks, maybe he actually drove HIMSELF.
Harvey, get some people with real life experiences to write this stuff - it seems performing the easiest of tasks are beyond beyond their pitiful comprehension.
Perhaps you can call him, so you can say what you always say. "We reached out to him, but haven't heard back yet."

yep

LOLZ....killin me. Could get any more ridiculous. You know if it happened at home 'someone' was there to take him to emergency but lbr....he wasn't at home, or sober.

Gigi

So if I fall down and break my jaw, why would I need the paramedics to come and attempt to keep me alive? I may not be able to speak but I am pretty sure I will still be breathing and my heart will still be beating.

cindy

He probably didn't want to call any emergency people for fear that they would come in the house and find Cocaine

Tony H.

Somebody couldn't have driven him to the ER? Not sure what was so life-threatening about this to warrant a 911 call...

N.thomas

Want to turn 200 -500 into 2000-5000 email me to find out how lets make this money together n.thomas1124@gmail.com

hategroove

Holy f'in spam...leeches...tmz do something for once.damn smh

Barbara

I did not call 911 when I fell and fractured my face. I was dazed and had a concussion. Felt no pain at all. I even knocked the bottom out of my eye socket. When the swelling and horrible bruising started I had someone take me to the Dr. who of course called a reconstruction specialist.

yomama

oh please. I wouldn't have called 911 unless I was incapable of getting myself to the doctor.... and clearly he had the ability to get to the doctor.

swack

About 5 years ago I fell and put my lower teeth through my lower lip and knocked out one of my teeth (had no idea if there was any other damage). I drove myself to the hospital after calling my on daughter to come down and watch the kiddos I was babysitting. The bleeding was pretty bad. Just saying that 911 does not necessarily need to be called in all incidents. Seems like no matter what some celebs do, someone, somewhere wants to make a mountain out of mole hill. TMZ WHY would you want to delve into this so deeply? Guess you're not getting enough Kardashian or Mueller/Sheen stories to keep the hits coming.

firebaby

um, if someone is there to take you to the hospital, why would you call 911 and then wait for the ambulance???
just because he has drug problems doesn't mean every aspect of his life is somehow drug related... my son broke his arm falling out a tree, he was 5 and not on drugs, lol.... accidents do happens....

Sapphiegirl

AND I SUPPOSE PEOPLE MUST NOW CALL 911 JUST BECAUSE THEY BROKE THEIR NOSE OR ANY OTHER BONE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE AN AMBULANCE TO TAKE THEM TO THE HOSPITAL JUST SO TMZ WON'T SPECULATE IF DRUG USE WAS A FACTOR? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS WHEN AN AMBULANCE IS DISPATCHED TO YOUR HOUSE? AND ON ANOTHER NOTE...DO YOU THINK THE CITY WOULD PROSECUTE SOMEONE FOR CALLING 911 WHEN IT IS NOT A LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND SOMEONE WHO REALLY NEEDS THAT AMBULANCE DIES BECAUSE THE PARAMENDICS ARE DISPATCHED TO SOMEONES HOUSE OVER A BROKEN BONE? IS IT NOT POSSIBLE THAT ZAC HAD SOMEONE ELSE DRIVE HIM TO THE ER INSTEAD OF CALLING FOR AN AMBULANCE????????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments