Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

theDestructionOfBeaver

im getting ****ing sick of Gay people getting offended by this ****. Who the **** cares anymore. Shut up. Throwing in everyones face that you suck eachothers ***** or eat eachothers *****s is getting old. All these Parades....it doesnt make you special, AT ALL. Its ****ing normal, and ***got has been thrown around so much who the **** cares. Gay people are so sensitive and over using their ridiculous "im sooooo offended" power. Not all gay people are god...some are actual ***gots.

yabber

He calls men gay as an insult because he thinks gay men have something wrong with them great liberal, but he's for gay marriage so its OK.

elpablo

People, he doesn't have a fear of homosexuals. Calling someone a f*g is absolutely meant as a put down because obviously homosexual behavior is perverted and unnatural. It's not the same as saying n*gger. Try as you may to make it normal...it never will be.

RaineeDrops

He is not sorry, if he was sorry he'd stop doing this all the time.

He is only apologizing from PR pressure to save face.

Glad MSNBC suspended him.

His mouth has no filter, no care, no empathy for the hurtful things he spews.

No remorse, this is just PR crap, fake, not genuine. He is in a corner now so has to.

RaineeDrops

Consequences to sticking your foot in your mouth.
How's it taste?

RATTLESNAKE

fire his a s s permanently he is a terrible example 4 anyone !

jason

F*** you Alec!!

lulu2009

His freakin head, literally, could not get any bigger!

Alexander

American "democracy" as it is.

monie roche

ps...I haven't heard the gay and lesbian communities and all black leaders blasting him for his remarks...
my, my...just a little bit of a double standard...

monie roche

well lets just see if the liberal press and establishment treats this bigot in the same manner as paula dean...
I doubt it since there is a double standard for liberals...msnbc would have fired paula dean--as a matter of fact, nbc did fire her...
give him the same treatment...

das1712

Why does this guy keep getting a pass? He pretends that being a raving liberal allows him to say whatever he wants. Pathetic!

mjstf

He is in the business of 'speaking' and has been for decades. It is not about 'choosing', Alec, it is about much needed therapy for your ongoing public display of textbook anger and abusive behavior issues.

bfs

pinky old grampa needs his but whooped...

lula poulos

give him a break he was mad as hell I would be to and no telling what would come out of my mouth. They were attacking him