Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

tal0822

Who cares!! If the fairy photog doesn't want to be called names then he shouldn't be stalking celebs. These *ssholes whine about someone calling them a *** when they invade celebs and their family's lives, Good for Baldwin.

CoconutScrimp

Where's the hairdresser??

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

Hey ketjo, half the people there are gay including harvey, what are you on,

Sherron

I'm positively, absolutely, nonequivickely, sure he is NUTS!!

Getlo

Wah dont take my picture wah! This FATHEAD belittles everyone from photogs to airline attendants. He thimks hes above everyone. And so does that miserable wife. Wait, when they divorce, this wicked witch will give him a run for his money. Shes as angry as him.

Tam

I would like to say that these people that the paparazzi hunt for can't even walk from their home to their car without being hounded. Give them some privacy for pete's sake.

USArmy

He uses the "N" word and no one says anything. He lies like he did yesterday and gets suspended. Paula Dean gets fired for something she said 30 years ago. Guess different rules for liars and racist like Baldwin. I bet he lied about the woman who nows is going to jail. He is a creep who should be fired from every gig he has going. If it doesn't happen sooner, I bet in a few years we will be reading about him beating up his new wife.

UNLV1990

He's only sorry that he got caught saying it on tape. He is the ultimate dbag. CapitalOne, must like and approve of his statements and behavior.

brian

This dude has some serious anger issues. I can understand the aggravation with the Paps, but the way he always snaps and berates others. This is a prolonged anger pattern, remember the voice mail he left his daughter?

Morticia Cowghoul

MSNBC should just cancel his show.

Chad

Didn't realize msnbc still existed. Oops. :)

daved0622

Apologizing is getting old, you said something stupid, again, and your PR d bag says you must put out a statement, that I will write for you, and say you are sorry. It will happen again and another apology will follow.
Baldwin, just stick to the lines that people write for you, you are just an actor.

bf

Alec, if you want to be alone with your anger issues live in gated community and travel by private plane. Otherwise, quite showbusiness.

cokeandpilates

Alec Baldwin isn't crazy, he's a ginormous a**hole. He is only sorry because he got caught. Clearly, he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong or he wouldn't keep doing it. I realize having the paparazzi on your heels all the time is intrusive, but he has to know everything he says and does is being recorded. I have zero respect for him.

lts

This nut needs a permanent time out.