Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

dladylaffs

Rightfully suspended for using hateful language and then lying about it.

Kookla

I find it disgusting that on days of our lives try show two guys kissing each other. What is this world coming too.

dj

Why is everyone hating Alec? The papparazi are the s***bags here. They are the ones following him and his family around, shoving cameras in his face and trying to provoke a reaction. I know these people are famous so kind of fair game but they don't need to be taunted 24-7. How would the photog like it if randoms were following his wife and kids and taking pictures.

jpinPHX

Suspension? Please... wouldn't the more effective tactic is to NOT cover anything he does? If paparazzos werent such vultures, they could actually band together and not cover specific people. Once you can't get press, you fall off everyone's radar.

CaliLife

He has all the signs of someone trying to kick a drug habit cold turkey or something doesn't he....

Bob

Ummm...How is fathead homophobic? It would be nice if he would actually admit that isn't what he said. I don't think a 2 day suspension from his show is appropriate. If he shouted the N word at someone, he would be fired on the spot, and the same should be true in this case. Aside from that, he verbally attacked a local NY reporter that has been on the air for years and is well respected and definitely well known to him. I haven't seen or heard any reports suggesting she did anything wrong or an apology from him about that. I am gay and used to like him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because we all say things we don't really mean in times of stress and anger. We just say whatever we think will offend the person we say it to. Please don't tell me you have never done the same. But, after so many similar anti-gay outbursts when he knows everyone is watching, I now believe he is indeed very anti-gay, and it doesn't matter how much money he donates to prevent bullying, promote LGBT issues, etc. Money shouldn't clear his name. Actions speak louder than money, in my opinion.

jjgg5

He's lost his looks and his mind. Dude, go away.

TURKEYGIRL

He has bad karma

Diablique

Regardless...a real man would be careful of what he says in front of his wife and child. Seriously - he thinks Ireland is spoiled and entitled? He should look in the mirror, first. Then ask his father how a real man acts.

Plastic_Police

I ****ing LOVE me some Alec - don't back down big dog!

Bob

Isn't it funny that you never hear anything about 95% of celebrities. The only ones that get attention are the ones that want attention and then they complain when it isn't convenient.

RobinD323

I'm sorry but Alec Baldwin along with his wife are bullies. I don't know who he's trying to fool. We all saw the video. We all saw his darling wife Hilaria point out the woman who was minding her own business being pointed out to Alec..Then he goes on a rage against her. Alex Baldwin is out of control and he apparently doesn't take a hint that he's "mentally ill" until they hit him where it hurts. In his pocketbook! He and his wife think they have sidewalk rights and can get away with rants and antics like this all week long. They really take themselves seriously? I know I don't. Bullies! both of them.

dangit

damn, I didn't know Baldwin lives in my neighborhood and rides my bus LOL

Dan

Blah, blah, blah!! he's about as sorry as Obama is for knowingly lying about ObamaCare.

But hey, he's still a lefty so an apology is all that will be needed. Just watch how fast he is back on MSLSD.

It's a good thing he's not a Conservative or his career would be over.

Bob

Paris Hilton who? Britney Spears...is that a kind of broccoli? Celebs go away when we stop caring and they stop acting like jerks just to get attention. What is a miley cyrus anyway? It sounds like a disease, and if it isn't now, it will be soon. BTW, I went to the doctor today and he prescribed a justin beiber. I lost so much weight that I can't keep my pants up anymore and look like a fool wherever I go. He also removed most of my brain at the same time. He said I can prevent it from growing back with a very tiny dose of alecbaldwin, whatever that is.