Ashley Greene

Sued Over Fatal Fire

11/18/2013 5:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1118_redesign_ashley_greene_apartment_fire_sued_article_tmz

Ashley Greene
is being sued over the fire she started in her West Hollywood apartment that killed her dog and injured the man who helped rescue fleeing residents.

Adrian Mayorga just filed a lawsuit against the "Twilight" star -- obtained by TMZ -- in which he claims he was hurt while running through the smoke-filled hallways, while yelling and screaming for residents to flee.

The doorman claims he suffered exhaustion, dehydration and smoke inhalation and ended up in the hospital.

Four residents in neighboring units have also sued, claiming the fire wreaked havoc on them with soot and water damage.

The fire started when a candle in Ashley's unit set the sofa ablaze, killing her Fox Terrier, Marlo.  A second dog survived.

6one9

:( sad all around!!!!

TheEric

"The doorman claims he suffered exhaustion, dehydration and smoke inhalation" A) running down halls can be exhausting. that's not her fault. B) if he got dehydrated from that, then he came into work that day dehydrated. C) did she force you to run into a cloud of smoke or what is your dumbass who thought that was a good idea?

DumbingDown

Jesus this country is full of litigious a-holes. I hope he doesn't get a f'*ckin dime.

Mali

I didn't know it was her fault that he was dehydrated Dehydration was his own fault. Drink some water. Everything else he did himself. While I do applaud him for saving all the neighbors, it just seems like bullsh*t to me. He would do better suing for water damage and other expenses like everybody else.

stu

Burn Baby Burn

KARMA K

I hope she had renter's Insurance! Then she would only have to pay the deductible! It's so sad she lost her dog!

Lina

I hope she has good liability insurance, the kind that covers "being an idiot who doesn't watch lit candles like a hawk."

I like the look of candles, too, but I'm dreadfully afraid of having open flames in my home, for most reasons. The only time where I could be hovering over them, keeping something of an eye on them, is while eating... and then I'm afraid of knocking them over when I reach for a glass or condiments or something. I actually put mine out at my table, when visiting restaurants, and refuse to have it lit, if offered. Sooooo not worth it. I just keep a few battery-operated fake ones (real wax) with a sunken "flame", around my apartment.

HtotheT

Did anyone consider that it's the doorman's job to evacuate residents during an emergency? Ashley lives in a famous, expen$sive bldg in Hollywood, and I hope the doorman gets a settlement for being injured due her idiotic negligence. The neighbors deserve a settlement, too.

tal0822

What a loser and s***bag this guy is!!! Nobody told him to go run into the burning building. He CHOSE to. And the other idiot tenants are suing because of an accident? Really?? Guess they didn't have insurance.

Faunmax

She lit the candle and then went to bed. She was careless and caused the fire. She has to take responsibility for it. Have you ever heard of flameless candles. Movie stars are just people with fame and money but that shouldn't excuse them from being responsible for their actions.

ThaKevMan

I love animals, especially dogs, but headlining the article with "FATAL ACCIDENT" is a bit misleading when there were no human lives lost. C'mon TMZ - you're better than that.

buggaz

She should give the guy some nasty to drop the suit. I would.

bernergirl

I can understand if her insurance didn't pick up the damage to the fire, but this guy sounds like he is after a money grab. No one forced him to go back and help, some people should just do the right thing and not expect anything from it.

Lisa

What else are they supposed to do, you guys? I mean, it WAS her negligence that started the fire. It's not their fault she let a candle burn down the apartment! It's tragic that her poor dog died, but I'd be super pissed if my apartment was destroyed over someone else being irresponsible. Even if they have insurance, why should their deductible go up? She, or her insurance, should have to pay. Sorry.

Carriejane

Those of you saying they shouldn't sue, have never seen the damage" just smoke" from a fire can do...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments