Alec Baldwin

FIRED FROM MSNBC

11/26/2013 11:32 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1126_alec_baldwin_getty

Alec Baldwin didn't get a Cadillac Eldorado ... he didn't get a set of steak knives ... but he DID just get his ass FIRED from MSNBC.

After the actor went on ANOTHER homophobic tirade earlier this month, the news network has finally decided to cut bait on Baldwin, who hosted the poorly-rated weekly show, "Up Late with Alec Baldwin."

Sources close to the firing say the decision to axe Alec was based, in part, on his recent homophobic outbursts ... when he called a photog a "c**ksucking f*g."

Alec immediately went into damage control mode after the incident -- but it was pathetic -- with the actor trotting out a male hairdresser to vouch for his love of gay people. He also spoke at a conference and professed his platonic love of several fellas.

A rep for MSNBC called the firing "a mutual parting" ... adding, "We wish Alec all the best."

Oh, and if you don't get the opening line of this story -- just watch the clip from "Glengarry Glen Ross." It's actually his finest work.

hihat

Good riddance! Of course, if Baldlose's show had pulled in the big ratings, I'm sure this story would have had a very different ending...

w

And Martin bashir gets to stay on? What a one sided channel smh

kosanow1

I hope he gets another show. He screwed up but he shouldn't be punished for life. Look around at all the other screw ups that have a show. If I had paparazi following me around 24/7 I would have self inflicted damage to. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of us normal people would.

Vote2012

Good.... this slug is a total slob. They need to pull the plug on that entire network called MSLSD,. What kind of brain dead people watch this trashy network? They have zero ratings every week.

Jennifer

And he called his daughter a pig????? He is the pig.

Enough Already

It's about time. He is such a looser.

Dick

What was it about Palin and a pig?

Baldwin has always been homophobic, guess he will have to come out of the closet now and finally

nof

Alec'll get a better show just like Stern did.

Miss Kim Basinger, btw.

Deborah

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy but I really thought he was perfect for the morons on MSNBC

nof

Wow, what an extraordinary scene.

Shoulda rented the movie.

And Alec's right - its all about cleaning house.

General Chaud Caliente

I am not sure I understand what he did wrong.

Was the photographer gay? If so then then he is in fact a "**** sucker", as they (the gay people - as well as many women) suck on the "****" of their partner in order to physically stimulate him. As an "enlightened" individual, I understand and accept this behavior as I have been lead to believe that it is both beneficial and strengthening for a society to allow such behavior among same-sexed people.

If the photographer wasn't gay, then Mr. Baldwin was just mis-informed, and the straight photographer was in fact not a "**** sucker". No harm no foul.

If one is called a "****sucker" but one is not gay, then one certainly shouldn't be offended. Certainly if I were to call a staunch anti-war activist a "baby killer", he would screw up his face in confusion and wonder what I was talking about; but not be offended.

So... Mr. Baldwin got two photographers confused. One, a ****-sucker and the other a *****-****er. He simply got confused. What's the big deal? Since he is doing so much for the movement, I'd think the ****-suckers would give him a pass.

Babs

GOOD! This country needs to stop rewarding these celebrities for their BAD behaviour!

william

How can we live without Alex's Capitol One commercials?
The man is a genius!

Dave Rudd

I'm going to miss Alec Baldwin CNBC , he is one of the smartest actors in Hollywood. He should become like the rest of us, just think what we would really like to say.

Joy

Alec Baldwin is a walking time bomb and so is his wife. He deserves everything he gets.