Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Mark Seabon

That sucks I'm not watching no more fast and furious for me but I'm wishing peace for you Paul walker and your family RIP

Evelyn Serrano

This saddens me every time, prayers going out to the family n closed ones

SaphireStar

This is such a shock!!! He was deeply involved in charity work & most people don't know that. He will me missed and died way too young. Condolences.

Deanna

There's no logical reason for this, I mean, I didn't know the guy personally, so I don't know why I'm crying so damn much about Pauls death. It's hitting me hard man - my sincerest condolences family and friends, especially to his young daughter. Lord, give them strength.

D Alexander Toluca Lake

To the MORONS who pulled up to the crash and filmed it instead of IMMEDIATELY getting out to help you are disgusting.

Also, cars do not "blow up" as commonly as they do in movies. The fuel simply burns out.

Our society is DOOMED with idiots populating it.

frida

eso era muy inesperado pero dios save por que hace las cosa que empas descanse

Demmius

Fast and furious in life and in the dead...All the world's a stage
first did not believe.
RIP Будем помнить

MoviesHornet

Some of Paul Walker movies:

Just in case you want to check again. Peace!

MoviesHornet

Some of Paul Walker movies:

Just in case you want to check again. Peace!

Iza

Very sad! =(

unknown

Wow... Paul was an amazing person! He starred in some of the greatest movies ever, Fast and the Furious and Eight Below. My favorite movies of all times! This 40 year old, blue-eyed American man was outstanding. RIP Paul I am so sad-sorry to hear this heart-breaking news. All my hope is with his family and friends!

Frank

GOTTA GO FAST!!!

Iza

Very sad =(

laisa

R.I.P PAUL WALKER ,
GONE TO SOON<3
still cant believe this you will always be remembered..

Zelia

RIP Walker :((
This tragedy would not happen if he was the driver!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments