'Wheel Of Fortune'

We Feel TERRIBLE About Last Night's 'Fast & Furious' Puzzle

12/3/2013 7:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120313_wheel_of_fortune_launch
File this one under: OOOPS.

"Wheel of Fortune" aired an episode last night that featured a puzzle with the answer "The Fast and the Furious" ... just days after Paul Walker died ... and now the show is in full spin mode.

During the show, producers ran a crawl on the top of the screen that read, "This episode was taped a few weeks ago, prior to the tragic passing of 'The Fast and the Furious' actor Paul Walker."

After the show aired, Pat Sajak tweeted, "Feel terrible about timing of 'Fast & Furious' puzzle tonight. Taped long ago & went out to 200 local stations days ago."

Still, it's unclear why producers didn't simply pull the episode to run at a later date.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Ryuk

People are way too sensitive these days. I see nothing to feel terrible about here

Paxrail

Good grief, it's just television!! Who cares! Does the movie industry screech to a halt every time some actor croaks himself on drugs?

Greg

Who cares. We have become pussified! Our grandparents would role over in their craves. Stop the insanity!!

WIGal88

WHY is this terrible?! THIS is a sign from Paul Walker to America Ladies & Gentlemen! How else could he broadcast world wide that he is OK & in heaven with the best of them. He died (though tragic) doing exactly what he loved and what made America fall in love with him. I hope one day everyone puts down all their tablets and stop being so sensitive & politically correct and just start being HUMAN BEINGS. R.I.P. Paul & Roger.

Jackie

Why are they apologizing? It's a game puzzle answer of a movie title. I'm sorry one of the actors just died--that is very sad. But its stupid for the show to apologize. It wasn't an insult or slander against the actor. It's a coincidence...move on. If anyone was insulted, that is their problem to work through.

IDBEMADTOO

I agree... whats the big deal? Im willing to bet my life on this... that is Paul was still here with us and knew he was going to pass away in a terrible car accident and that the people at wheel of fortune wanted to use "TF&TF" as a puze, Paul would say, "Absolutely, be my guest. No harm in it! " I know if it was me, I wouldnt want the world to roll over and walk on egg shells when referring to me or my work if I was to die (god forbid).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7