Paul Walker Crash

Cause Of Death Revealed

Trauma and Burn Injuries

12/4/2013 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203-paul-walker-roger-facebook-coroner
Paul Walker died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries sustained from the Nov. 30 car crash ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Translation -- Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death after the Porsche GT crashed into a tree and a pole and exploded into flames.

The man who was driving the Porsche GT, Roger Rodas, died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered upon impact. Burning was not listed as a factor in his death.

The coroner says toxicology results for both men will be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Medical Examiner says both deaths have been ruled as an accident.

Sources in the coroner's office tell us ... both men were positively ID'd by using dental records.

Walker and Rodas were killed Saturday in Santa Clarita, CA when the Porsche GT they were in veered off the road, slammed into a pole and exploded in flames.  The cause of that crash is still under investigation.

Paul was 40. Rodas was 38.

Qexly

How ****ty ... I think I'm in a nightmare... I can not accept it, and I can not ever. I feel so bad.

namers

And the Paul Walker/TMZ gravy train rolls on.

ashley

this story just keep getting sadder and sadder

Trish

Wow, I am totally saddened that he suffered :(

Someone

Ya think? I wish that you would just do like one update on this story. Then i would actually want to read it. Have respect for Meadow and the rest of his family. Stop being like all over this story and focus your efforts on other things.

Andrea

Come work with the best work at home companies out there. www.collegejobswithus.com

FUT THE SHUCK UP

REALLY??! And I thought they died of food poisoning!

Mel

Way to go Sherlock!

FUT THE SHUCK UP

He lived, he crashed, he burned, he suffered, he died, he stopped suffering, the end.

OK TMZ, I got it all covered, could we please move on?

Kassie

Los Angeles County Coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter said the men died "within seconds" of the crash.

It is highly unlikely Paul Walker was not knocked unconscious upon impact. He may have been "alive" for a few seconds, but I highly doubt he was awake or aware. God Bless both of them. Please Lord look over their families and friends during this most difficult time. For those of you with unkind words, it was an accident. It may have been preventable but it happened. Think of their families before you write something stupid or hateful.

dee

Thanks. We couldn't have this out ourselves......

jen

Well if you see in the video that this guy filmed you can see PW struggling to get out of the car... so very sad
May they both RIP

billybob

I really don`t think that they were conscious after the high negative g impact. A fire like this kills you before your body is burned, it's the smoke and CO which kills you within a few breaths. So they had a nice fast death and died healthy.

AC

wait, if Roger died upon impact and Paul was unconcious, then what/who was the moving figure in the flames we saw in the video that was "seconds after the accident" that was said to be probably Roger??
confused…

maria_serrano12

,i saw a pic of him and his friend too graphic and sad, damn it man, poor them, r.i.p of them, tears & ripe my eyes out, worst news ever for the parents and friends r going through.