Original 'Sound of Music' Actress

Live Special Was 'Painful to Watch'

12/6/2013 7:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1206-kym-karath2
Gretl Von Trapp from the original "The Sound of Music" movie was left "mystified and disappointed" after last night's live remake on NBC ... and says Carrie Underwood TOTALLY BOMBED!!

Gretl a.k.a. Kym Karath met up with former co-star Charmian Carr (Liesl Von Trapp) to watch the special last night ... but their excitement deflated once "Sound" started.

1206-subasset-charmian-carr
During the special Kym tweeted, "Mystified & disappointed so far by SOM special. So far only happy with Stephen Moyer" ... then followed up by saying, "Must admit some scenes are actually painful to watch."

That's when Karath kicked things up a notch by roasting Underwood's performance adding, "Love Carrie Underwood but this role is just not right for her. She is lovely her voice is beautiful but acting is wrong."

For what it's worth ... the special brought in HUGE ratings for NBC with 18.5 million viewers.

Just My Opinion

MARIE OSMOND BACK IN THE 90'S( I THINK IT WAS) DID THE SOUND OF MUSIC TOO. SHE WAS VERY GOOD IN IT, I HAVE TO SAY.

Karen

I disagree - totally enjoyed the live broadcast. Not a huge fan of Julie Andrews so this was refreshing!

Fitzie

Hi, Hater.

Vote2012

This old goat needs to be quiet, who is she? What has she ever done besides playing one of the kids in the original movie? She is now the self appointed expert on the Sound of Music?

Deesker

I'm still trying to get over the black nun. Austria didn't have blacks in that time period! She was, however, a really good actress.

Breeree

What an awful, nasty thing to do. I want to call her old, outdated, used up and jealous but I want. How sad to do that to that young lady live like that. I hope it comes back on her 100 fold.....lonely, old...oh sorry said I wasn't gonna say that.

Rusty

Sounds like sour grapes to me. This person needs to get over their self. You were then this is now. I watched it and it was great. Carrie Underwood was great,

Karen

and to add to my previous comment - this was performed live - didn't have the luxury of retakes - wonder how the original cast would have doneif it was not on film and had to be done with one shot!

Toilethead

The audience of today is dumber than when the original came out.

John

The woman can sing, but her acting skills are clearly lacking. The fault lies with the producers who were obviously only looking for a popular vocalist to bring in the ratings.

IceGypsy

Not a fan of this movie, but it's a classic, and have no Idea why Hollywood would feel the need to remake it. I'm sure Carrie did a great job, however, I'm sure she would have done just as great in an original production. Maybe Hollywood needs to focus on hiring writers to create original material instead of relying on the classic remakes and reboots.

momofthree

No one I know who saw it liked it. It was terrible.

Faunmax

Shame on you. I guess you have a case of sour grapes. It's too bad.

Spikette56

Can we say "sour grapes"??? Probably because your older butt wasn't asked to be in it! Thought it was wonderful!!!!

duckman